Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2001 Impala, hazards/turn signals not working

Search this Thread

Old August 29th, 2016, 9:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2001 Impala, hazards/turn signals not working

So, this '01 Impala used to be mine, sold it to my cousins friend when I upgraded to an 06. My cousin just bought it from him, and holy crap did he beat the hell out it. I've got some issues with the turn signals on it, they work intermittently, sometimes giving me a buzzing noise from the hazard switch (which has ALREADY been replaced.), and sometimes they work fine. The Hazards don't work -AT ALL- though. I can't think of what else the problem might be, potentially the turn signal / wiper switch? Do the hazards run through there? Possibly ignition switch related? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Everywhere I search I get turned straight to the Hazard switch which in this case is not the problem. (I've tried 2 different brand new switches, both were Delcos)
Old August 31st, 2016, 11:12 AM
CF Active Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Some ideas for you...
Check the 'HAZ SW' fuse in the right instrument panel fuse block.
Check for power at that fuse. (Should have power all the time)
Check the connector to the hazard switch, dirty/loose pins. With the key in RUN, you should have power at pins B & C.
Given the history of the car, I'd be looking for any added/changed wiring. Trailer connector?
The hazard light power does NOT run through the turn signal switch. The intermittent turn signal issue sounds like ignition switch, bad wiring, or loose connectors.
Next time the turn signals are NOT working, with out touching the ignition switch, check for power at the 'TURN SIGNAL' fuse in the left instrument panel fuse block. If you have power, this will rule out the ignition switch.