Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2002 9C1 Headlight Turn signal Switch issue

Search this Thread

Old March 1st, 2012, 1:51 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 9C1 Headlight Turn signal Switch issue

So I'm not sure if it is a bad switch, or if it is because it's a police vehicle, but my lights aren't working the way I believe they should.

When in the normal position, my lowbeams are on.
Pull it back a little, lows and highs are on. Must be held there, doesn't "lock" into that position.
Pull back till it clicks, only highbeams are on. Doesn't "lock" into that position.
Let go after the click, and the lights go all the way off. Doesn't "lock" into that position.
Must pull lever till it clicks again to get the lights to come back on.

I'm sure this isn't normal, but I'm not sure if this would be a mechanical issue, meaning the switch is worn out, or if it's electrical. If it is electrical, would something like that be in the switch itself, or would that occur because of the possible different way police vehicles are wired? Thanks!