Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2002 Impala 3.4 MAF sensor ground location

Search this Thread

Old May 23rd, 2017, 7:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Impala 3.4 MAF sensor ground location

I replaced the engine and transmission mounts (along with struts and lower control arms) in a 2002 Impala 3.4 . My car now throws P0102 MAF low voltage DTC .
I'm a believer in "Where was the human last?" since the car ran fine before I did this so I suspect I disconnected a ground plug or wire . Where are the ground points and connections in the engine compartment located ?
Old May 24th, 2017, 10:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

the sensor grds on a transaxle stud g113 near the starter. it shares this grd with the engine oil level sensor. I would unplug the maf sensor. the black wire is grd. test the wire by with a test light connected to power...if the grd is good, the test light should illuminate. test the maf reference voltage and signal wire ; but with a dvom. It should have battery voltage on the pink wire with key on. the signal wire is applied 4.5 volts from the pcm. if the voltage is 0v...you have a shorted to grd or bad pcm.

another way to test the pcm and wiring is to unplug the sensor....this should set a maf high dtc
check the maf wires voltages... you should get 12v, 4.5 volts and 0 volts
jumper the signal wire to grd...this should set a maf low dtc
if you get all this, the wiring and pcm are good, the sensor is bad.