Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2003 Impala not starting lookin for wiring diagrams

Search this Thread

Old December 13th, 2014, 11:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Impala not starting lookin for wiring diagrams

I just replaced the engine in my sons 2003 Impala and now it will not turn over. I pulled the engine out of a running car (I bought the whole running car) and the wiring in the original Impala was working fine (one of the cylinders went bad).

I do not think it is passlock related because the Security light does not come on.

When I go to start it, the odometer reading and transmission indicator are dim and the transmission indicator will actually go out when I turn the key.

The turn signals are now blinking at a much faster speed.

I feel I connected something wrong but I've gone over it several times.

Let me know if you have any ideas or can hook me up with engine wiring diagrams.
Old December 14th, 2014, 8:40 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I would start by checking your battery voltage at not only the battery but at the fuse block. I would then check all the plug in connections and for any pinched wires or pinched cables. My brother had a similar problem when he swapped in a new transmission into his pickup. He called me in a panic when he did not know what was causing it. In his case, a wiring harness slipped between the machined face of the block and the bell housing on the transmission. When he torqued everything back together it flattened the harness and caused the wiring to short-circuit and cross connect circuits that weren't even related as the wires in the harness. We pulled the harness out of the pinch point, then opened up the split plastic covering repairing and insulating the individual wires. We were lucky and it ran fine after we got it back together.