Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2005 Impala LS front end pop on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old February 20th, 2016, 7:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Impala LS front end pop on acceleration

I have a 2005 Impala LS 3.8L. It has a pop sound in the front end, more on pass than drive, when you accelerate or from a dead stop. Its not a bearing, and doesn't creek and crackle when deep turning. So don't think its the CV. Possibly the struts? Have any of you had this issue and what fixes do you have?
Old February 21st, 2016, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

worn engine mount? raise the hood and do a brake stand....do you see a lot of engine movement?
Old February 21st, 2016, 12:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tech2
worn engine mount? raise the hood and do a brake stand....do you see a lot of engine movement?
IԵŚ ղօԵ ɑ ʍօմղԵ. I ςհҽςkҽժ ɑӀɾҽɑժվ. Aղժ Եհҽ ղօíŚҽ ŚօմղժŚ Եօ ҍҽ ςօʍíղց ƒɾօʍ ƒɾօղԵ ŚմŚԹҽղŚíօղ. I ҍҽӀíҽѵҽ íԵŚ Եհҽ ŚԵɾմԵŚ, յմŚԵ ŚԵɑɾԵҽժ ժօíղց íԵ. JմŚԵ ժíժղ'Ե kղօա íƒ íԵ աɑŚ ɑ ςօʍʍօղ ԹɾօҍӀҽʍ օɾ íƒ I ʍíցհԵ ҍҽ օѵҽɾӀօօkíղց ŚօʍҽԵհíղց.
Old February 21st, 2016, 1:04 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

check the right control arm bushing. when then separate they clunk with suspension movement. you will need a pry bar to check them.

other possibilities are worn sway bar links.