Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2005 Impala overheating

Search this Thread

Old October 4th, 2011, 2:49 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 Impala overheating

I had recently posted here about the cooling fans not running. I did change out the relays and the ECT sensor. It still showed as overheating.
I took it to the dealer today and they tested it and said the fans come on at 212 degrees and shut off at 208 which is normal. They said that the problem is the guage and that you have to replace the entire cluster which has to be ordered from Chevy. A $630 job.
Has anyone else heard of this or have had this problem? Will the car be alright to drive like this for a while untill said money is raised?
I tried to ask if I could find a cluster from a wrecked car, and all I got was some jiberish about the odometer reading.
Old October 4th, 2011, 3:12 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by solpushcart
I had recently posted here about the cooling fans not running. I did change out the relays and the ECT sensor. It still showed as overheating.
I took it to the dealer today and they tested it and said the fans come on at 212 degrees and shut off at 208 which is normal. They said that the problem is the guage and that you have to replace the entire cluster which has to be ordered from Chevy. A $630 job.
Has anyone else heard of this or have had this problem? Will the car be alright to drive like this for a while untill said money is raised?
I tried to ask if I could find a cluster from a wrecked car, and all I got was some jiberish about the odometer reading.
usually insturment clusters are replace. Since the odometer is in the cluster, that will have to be set to your current mileage.
Old October 5th, 2011, 9:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What says I can't get a new cluster from a pick-a-part place? Is there anyone out there that can change the odometer reading to match the original one? I do know the Dodge dealership can't do it.