Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2006 chevy Impala Lt3 3.9 liter. Transmission ?

Search this Thread

Old October 8th, 2011, 9:50 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 chevy Impala Lt3 3.9 liter. Transmission ?

Its making a noise a and vibrating while driving. It seemed like the hub/bearing so I had it replaced. The issue is still there. After further inspection the vibration/ noise seemed to be coming from where the differential and transmission meet . I'm asking for any positive input before spending even more money.Has anyone else had this problem, know anything about it, or if its a common problem for these cars?
Old January 1st, 2012, 7:39 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know if it is the same problem, but can you (or have you) determined what the trouble code is? I had the P1811 code in my 06 Impala LTZ and it turned into a transmission rebuild. When I took it to have it repaired, the transmission place knew the code before I told him what it was. This transmission, according to the transmission place is notorious for trouble. He commented that "imagine the surprise on the Volvo customer who finds out for the first time they have a GM transmission in their car." Probably not what you want to hear, but it cost about $1,400. Good luck, and hope the cost is far less for you.