Tahoe & Suburban The power, space, and brutal towing ability make the Tahoe and its longer sibling, the Suburban, arguably the best full size SUV's on the market today.

2013 Chevrolet Suburban
Platform: GMT 400, 800, 900

overal quality of a 2007 LT3

Search this Thread

Old February 6th, 2007, 5:23 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default overal quality of a 2007 LT3

Before I go on my rant, I do like my 07 LT3.

Issues @ 2740miles so far

dash starts ticking, drives me nuts
somewhere in the rear, sound like a golf ball is bouncing around,, can't find the rattle. drives me nuts....
fuel gauge sometimes registers all over the place..????
Memory seat keeps reseting?
another transmision thump coming off the line,,,,???? (i've read this is a common problem)
I turn off the heater, but it still blows hot air on my feet ????? god damit...
my steering wheel isn't alignedI'll have it fixed on my first oil change..
whenever i fold the rears seats, there a bitch to open again, ???
Yes, I went against my better judgment and purchased a first year model, but what the hell, I got a great deal but if the sticker shows 52k, you would expect a better product,, aaauhhhhgggg!!!!
Old February 6th, 2007, 2:18 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: overal quality of a 2007 LT3

I got my 07 LTZ in late September. Now at 10K miles with no problems. Highest initial-quality vehicle I have ever purchased. And I really like the stability system, awesome on slick roads and snow.

Problems? The rear wiper is useless in snow - which we have been getting a lot of. It seems like the aerodynamics cause a lot more snow to buildup on the back. Poor wiper and more snow = no visibility out the back window when driving in snow.

My MPG's have really tanked this winter too, dealer says it's winter fuel. I say it should be mandatory that the fuel economy testing be done with winter fuel so you know what to really expect MPG-wise. This is the first vehicle I have ever owned that will not get it's city rating even when driven moderately on the highway! I hope it improves in the spring.......
Old February 6th, 2007, 2:22 PM
CF Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So far so good-knock on wood.

My only complaint is I wish I could shut off completely to outside air from coming in the cab. Even on 10% outside air (Recirculate mode) heavy traffic fumes seem to get sucked right into cabin. Other than that I an extremely happy.
Old February 6th, 2007, 3:21 PM
CF Junior Member

Kernal - as far as your rear seat problem...when you want to unfold them, push down on the front of the seat and then lift up. I had a hard time at first but figured that out quickly. Now it is like second nature!

Also, the golf ball rolling around may be a loose nut in the rear hatch. Known problem with others and I have it too...just haven't gotten around to taking it to the dealer yet.

Sorry about your other problems.
Old February 6th, 2007, 5:32 PM
CF Beginner

I purchased an lt3 as well in november and i must say i have had none of the problems you have had, only one i have is is that the plastic around the rear passenger windows kept popping off, which has been replaced, i was looking at an lt2, but they had the lt3 for 38,000 and the lt2 i was looking at was 42,000 so i had to pick it up even though it's the red color instead of the white.