2006 heating issue - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

2006 heating issue

CF Beginner

January 16th, 2018, 2:24 PM   #1  
2006 heating issue

My wifes 06 impala (6 cylinder) doesnt blow heat when idling although it works fine when on the road. Of course my thinking went right to the thermostat which I just replaced with no change in the situation. The blower fan works fine and the coolant level is right where is should be. Could there possibly be a sensor involved in the coolant circuit going to the heater core???
Im confused and any help will be appreciated.
Fred

CF Addict

January 16th, 2018, 3:56 PM   #2  
Is it set for the floor, or a/c vents (upper)?

CF Beginner

January 16th, 2018, 6:10 PM   #3  
changing the vents doesn't affect this at all. still blows cold when stopped and hot when moving.

CF Beginner

January 28th, 2018, 2:48 PM   #4  
Possible blower motor resistor

Posted By: Fscott4 My wifes 06 impala (6 cylinder) doesnt blow heat when idling although it works fine when on the road. Of course my thinking went right to the thermostat which I just replaced with no change in the situation. The blower fan works fine and the coolant level is right where is should be. Could there possibly be a sensor involved in the coolant circuit going to the heater core???
Im confused and any help will be appreciated.
Fred
If i'm not mistaken, the blower motor resistor (located next to the blower motor on the left side) has several sensors in it. Either way, it fixed the heat situation in my wife's 04 Impala. Some people call this a relay. It can be bought on line fairly cheap. Might be worth a try.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: