Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2006 heating issue

Search this Thread

Old January 16th, 2018, 1:24 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 heating issue

My wifes 06 impala (6 cylinder) doesnt blow heat when idling although it works fine when on the road. Of course my thinking went right to the thermostat which I just replaced with no change in the situation. The blower fan works fine and the coolant level is right where is should be. Could there possibly be a sensor involved in the coolant circuit going to the heater core???
Im confused and any help will be appreciated.
Fred
Old January 16th, 2018, 2:56 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

Is it set for the floor, or a/c vents (upper)?
Old January 16th, 2018, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

changing the vents doesn't affect this at all. still blows cold when stopped and hot when moving.
Old January 28th, 2018, 1:48 PM
CF Beginner

Default Possible blower motor resistor

Originally Posted by Fscott4
My wifes 06 impala (6 cylinder) doesnt blow heat when idling although it works fine when on the road. Of course my thinking went right to the thermostat which I just replaced with no change in the situation. The blower fan works fine and the coolant level is right where is should be. Could there possibly be a sensor involved in the coolant circuit going to the heater core???
Im confused and any help will be appreciated.
Fred
If i'm not mistaken, the blower motor resistor (located next to the blower motor on the left side) has several sensors in it. Either way, it fixed the heat situation in my wife's 04 Impala. Some people call this a relay. It can be bought on line fairly cheap. Might be worth a try.