Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2006 Impala LT Stereo problem

Search this Thread

Old January 8th, 2010, 1:17 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Impala LT Stereo problem

I have a 2006 Impala LT with factory stereo (non-Bose) that's acting bizarre. By that I mean, some days the left front speaker doesn't work, (the chimes can barely be heard), some days the speaker works and the chimes are loud. ?? It's not a loose speaker wire as I've checked with an Ohm meter. Could it be the Body Control Module?
Old January 10th, 2010, 10:58 AM
CF Beginner

Hello...

Sounds like you have loose connections, or the pins in the connectors on the back of the radio are misaligned. Try removing the radio unit from the dash, unplugging all the connectors from the back, waiting 2 or 3 minutes, then reconnecting everything. Make sure that when you reconnect everything, that the connectors are firmly attached to the radio.

Let me know if this works. BTW, is this the original radio or a replacement? If it is a replacement, you will need a Tech-2 tool to flash the vehicle's vin number into the radio, for it to work properly.
Old January 11th, 2010, 9:35 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for the reply. The stereo is original, factory installed. I'll pull the unit, recheck all the wires with an Ohm meter and check the pin connectors.
Old August 20th, 2012, 6:18 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2006 impala lt

Im having the same exact problem... I've tried everything and it still doesn't work. They aren't working as of now and its been 4 months. No loose connections in site. I've taken the door panels off, taken the radio out and still nothing. I'm thinking about just buying brand new speakers all around and getting a professional to install them. Any other ideas before I sink $$$ into it?