Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2006 Impala SS 3rd and 4th gear slipping

Search this Thread

Old February 3rd, 2018, 5:41 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Impala SS 3rd and 4th gear slipping

I have a 2006 Impala SS. In 4th gear especially and some in 3rd gear I am getting a shudder/slip feeling. Definitely at 70-80 mph. Could that be the shift solenoid? I changed the other solenoids last year, but not 3-4. What about the torque converter not locking up since this isn't while shifting.

Last edited by RichC; February 3rd, 2018 at 6:36 PM.
Old February 4th, 2018, 9:59 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

try gmt nation or transmission bench.com
Old February 15th, 2018, 6:50 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi RichC, sorry I can't offer help but was wondering if you replaced the solenoids yourself. I just did the Trans Go kit which helped a lot but I may have to do solenoids at some point. Do you have a lot of experience and was it very difficult? I've got a 2003 so should be somewhat similar. Thanks.
Old February 15th, 2018, 8:52 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by crawdad
Hi RichC, sorry I can't offer help but was wondering if you replaced the solenoids yourself. I just did the Trans Go kit which helped a lot but I may have to do solenoids at some point. Do you have a lot of experience and was it very difficult? I've got a 2003 so should be somewhat similar. Thanks.
I did the solenoids myself. I don't have much experience in transmissions. I do pretty much everything else though. There are some youtube videos that will walk you through changing those solenoids. It's not too difficult.
Old February 16th, 2018, 10:50 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, thanks. I watched the video by mph. Probably most concerned with disconnecting the steering. Looks tight in there. I suppose I should disconnect the rack instead. I've got 280K on this transmission so can't be sure if new solenoids will help. Good luck with yours.
Old February 16th, 2018, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

The steering is probably the hardest part.
Old February 16th, 2018, 8:58 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by crawdad
Ok, thanks. I watched the video by mph. Probably most concerned with disconnecting the steering. Looks tight in there. I suppose I should disconnect the rack instead. I've got 280K on this transmission so can't be sure if new solenoids will help. Good luck with yours.
280K? Wow