Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2007 chevrolet impala/tire monitoring system

Search this Thread

Old April 15th, 2009, 12:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2007 chevrolet impala/tire monitoring system

Please help with this, the car is a 2007 chevrolet impala, air pressure has been checked. Once start driving the message comes up stating check tire monitoring system,light comes and goes, some time staying on for a while... What should I do? doroth38
Old April 15th, 2009, 12:50 PM
CF Beginner

Question Tire monitoring system

Need a response guys, just brought car, less than sixty days ago, need your input, Is this something I need to concern my self with or return the car... doroth38
Old April 15th, 2009, 1:14 PM
Administrator

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

If I were to take a guess, I think that maybe one of the tire sensors is out, the dealership should be able to give you a diagnosis more accurately.
or possibly one of the sensors at the wheel is loose or has heavy debris on it.. check the sensors to each wheel and look for anything obvious or out of place.

Last edited by in2pro; April 15th, 2009 at 1:16 PM.
Old April 15th, 2009, 1:44 PM
Impala Super Moderator

You need new tire sensors
Old April 15th, 2009, 8:30 PM
Super Moderator
Professional Mechanic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you try the relearn sequence?
Old April 16th, 2009, 11:47 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too have an 07. The system works great. I recently rotated the tires- and tried the relearn procedure stated in the manual. Well- after about 2 weeks- and about 60 attempts to get the TPMS to relearn the tire positions- I gave up. I just took it in to the dealer to do the relearn with their techtool. $18.
I was able to get at most 3 of the 4 before it timed out.
Sometimes none were recognized, sometimes 2 other times just 1.
Ive read of others having trouble. Some have had luck and relearns on the 1st attempt.
But next time I rotate- Im leaving them as is.. I dont want to go thru the fiasco.

In your case- its possible that it somehow lost the settings.
You can try the procedure listed in the manual. but this involves letting air out of the tire.
(and since I tried countless times- I had to make trips to the gas station to air up)....
There is a chance that the TPMS system has failed... or one of the sensors (they are inside the rim- part of the valve stemp- where you put air in)...
But try to relearn - if not- have the dealer use their tool.
Old March 5th, 2014, 12:21 AM
CF Beginner

my car tire system is bad wat should i do
Old March 11th, 2014, 12:45 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How are the TPMS sensors in the tires? From what I was told, they contain batteries and will run down after a while. When you buy a new sensor, the internal batteries are in a disconnected state until they are mounted and are held in a pressurized state inside the tire. Maybe the batteries are running down on your sensors?
Old November 28th, 2015, 2:43 PM
CF Beginner

I just fixed this same issue. Go to the display for the tire pressure. When it says check tire pressure and hit the check button. Go to each tire, and let the air out, until the horn beeps one time. Start with the left front, let the air out, beep, go to the right front, let the air out, beep, go to the right rear, let the air out...beep, go to the left rear, let the air out, beep. The senors have to adjust to to each tire. Once you have all 4 tires recovered by the sensors, add the air back in to 30lbs. Your done.
Old December 17th, 2015, 12:10 AM
CF Beginner

Default Thanks for the tip bro!

Originally Posted by frankma52
I just fixed this same issue. Go to the display for the tire pressure. When it says check tire pressure and hit the check button. Go to each tire, and let the air out, until the horn beeps one time. Start with the left front, let the air out, beep, go to the right front, let the air out, beep, go to the right rear, let the air out...beep, go to the left rear, let the air out, beep. The senors have to adjust to to each tire. Once you have all 4 tires recovered by the sensors, add the air back in to 30lbs.Your done.
Very helpful bro I thought about just letting air out you helped me alot thanks.!!

Quick Reply: 2007 chevrolet impala/tire monitoring system