Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2011 Chevy Impala

Search this Thread

Old February 7th, 2017, 10:38 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Chevy Impala

The car hesitates to crank. The battery, altenator and starter was checked. All was ok. What else can cause it to hesitate or not crank?
Old February 7th, 2017, 12:41 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi Tammy, Welcome to the forum. While I can't say with certainty what is causing your no crank problem, I had a similar problem with my 2001 Impala where it would not crank or be intermittent in cranking. In my case the crank relay under the hood was either bad or had a bad connection. When I replaced it, the problem went away. If you look on page 10-6, in your owners manual, it is labeled as item "C". Further on, in the manual on page 10-38, the layout of the relays are given and STRTR, is probably start relay as it was labeled "CRANK" for my year Impala. On page 10-40 STRTR is in the listing. You may want to open the cover if you feel up to the task and either remove and reinstall it in the socket or just put some pressure on it to make sure it is plugged all the way in, then try it again. The ignition switch could be an option as well.

Good Luck!