Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2011 Chevy Impala LT - DS Heat non-functional; PS Heat Functional

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2017, 10:20 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2011 Chevy Impala LT - DS Heat non-functional; PS Heat Functional

Recently, after a dealer oil change, the heater failed; only blowing cold air. After some digging around, I discovered that the driver side heat was non-functional, while the passenger side heat would work. (Most times I have the defrost function in place, so it was difficult to notice). Observations: 1) no clicking sounds. 2) coolant levels normative. 3) both hoses going to and from heating core are warm/hot after car has been running. 3) no leaks noted below the vehicle.

When I adjust the passenger temperature control from cold to hot or hot to cold, I hear (what I presume to be) the actuator adjusting cold to hot or vice versa. When I adjust the drivers side temperature control from hot to cold or cold to hot, there is no "noise" from the dash.

The preliminary steps and/or troubleshooting have not helped. My next step is attempting a "blend door reset." Should that not solve the problem, I will resort to replacing the driver side blend door actuator (I'm not sure if I will have a mechanic do this or attempt the service myself).

Am I missing something or am I on target with this? Thank you, in advance, for your input regarding this matter.
Old April 7th, 2017, 11:45 PM
CF Monarch

Received 336 Likes on 317 Posts

Sounds like you have a good plan of action.
Old April 8th, 2017, 5:03 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Roger that! Thanks!