Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2013 Impala - Custom menus for headlights?

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2013, 12:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Impala - Custom menus for headlights?

I have been driving a 2006 Impala, and just got a 2013 Impala. In the 2006, there was a custom menu that could be called up in the radio, and I could set the headlights so they turned off when I turned the engine off. There does not appear to be this possibility in the new Impala. I can't seem to find any mention of this in the owner's manual.

Thanks for any help,

ken
Old July 29th, 2013, 3:54 PM
CF Beginner

Isn't the solution simply to set the exterior lamp control selector to "Auto"? Even in the "On" position, I believe the lights shut off 10 minutes after the ignition is turned off.
Old July 30th, 2013, 11:14 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for your reply. I do keep the light control in Auto. And 10 minutes (or maybe 2 minutes) seems excessive for the lights staying on after the engine is turned off. I just liked the option in my earlier model to be able to eliminate the delay. So now when I park the car, I reach over and turn the Auto to Off. The previous method was a bit more efficient.