Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2014 Impala DIC TROUBLE

Search this Thread

Old September 17th, 2014, 10:53 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down 2014 chevy Impala audio off display

Just got a new 2014 Chevy Impala my link is on but no sound (DIC) reads audio off !!!! Its no fun riding in new car without sound dealer thinks its the amp I think they have no idea what it is kept car for two days still no radio sound ........
Old September 17th, 2014, 11:04 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Godson 2000
Just got a new 2014 Chevy Impala my link is on but no sound (DIC) reads audio off !!!! Its no fun riding in new car without sound dealer thinks its the amp I think they have no idea what it is kept car for two days still no radio sound ........
Dang.. so no radio/XM?

Have you bluetoothed your phone?

Try without the bluetooth'ing? Maybe even disconnect the battery for 10+ minutes or whatever.

Maybe your DIC will not say that anymore.
Old September 18th, 2014, 4:45 AM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Godson 2000
Hmmm... This isn't another manifestation of what I describe here, is it? https://chevroletforum.com/forum/imp...o-sound-67840/

Can't hurt to pull fuse 35 for giggles...
Old September 19th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for getting back to us, Chris. Can you please send us a private message so we can further discuss this matter? Also, we may have located your information within our system but will need you to verify your address. If you click on our screen name you should see the option to private message. We hope to hear from you soon.

Amber N.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old May 26th, 2015, 9:13 PM
CF Beginner

DIC Prob here too, Never had Trip B, then I lost Trip A, after a few cycles of car on and off I was able to find setup menu on DIC , then found Trip B and Volts for the 1st time after 13k miles. Worked for 3 months then disappeared and can't access setup page to get them back, only option is US or Metric. Gotta love this crap!. Dealership is useless on DIC info, I know more than them about it, but still why does this function like a crap version of MS Windows?
Old May 27th, 2015, 4:44 PM
CF Veteran

Originally Posted by phil508
DIC Prob here too, Never had Trip B, then I lost Trip A, after a few cycles of car on and off I was able to find setup menu on DIC , then found Trip B and Volts for the 1st time after 13k miles. Worked for 3 months then disappeared and can't access setup page to get them back, only option is US or Metric. Gotta love this crap!. Dealership is useless on DIC info, I know more than them about it, but still why does this function like a crap version of MS Windows?
Not sure how one loses Trip A. That should be always on.

There is an update of sorts for losing Trip B. I believe LuckyDriver encountered it and got a fix for it. Chevy Impala Forums some where over there in 9th gen forum.
Old May 27th, 2015, 6:42 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Not sure how one loses Trip A. That should be always on.

There is an update of sorts for losing Trip B. I believe LuckyDriver encountered it and got a fix for it. Chevy Impala Forums some where over there in 9th gen forum.

I'm not sure too, but all I got was come in and let the salesman show you how to use it. I told them it was an error not a matter of not knowing how to use, I can show them how to use most of this stuff. Also had the LCD freezing up and they said that was normal till I showed them a 4 min video of it not loading then showing an error.
Old May 27th, 2015, 7:35 PM
CF Veteran

I'm not sure too, but all I got was come in and let the salesman show you how to use it. I told them it was an error not a matter of not knowing how to use, I can show them how to use most of this stuff. Also had the LCD freezing up and they said that was normal till I showed them a 4 min video of it not loading then showing an error.
No freeze ups here.. Sounds like you do have some issues.

Does your "Favorites" flash when scrolling through stations using the left steering paddle? Someone here the other week was posting about issues with that...my favorites do not flash when I do it on mine.
Old May 28th, 2015, 6:47 AM
CF Beginner

Favorites are OK, finally was able to get into list to select Trip B last night, don't know if I was lucky or just this DIC has different functions when engine on vs Key on (not running). the Manual should make a good fire starter when I get my fire pit running.
Old May 28th, 2015, 4:41 PM
CF Veteran

Favorites are OK, finally was able to get into list to select Trip B last night, don't know if I was lucky or just this DIC has different functions when engine on vs Key on (not running). the Manual should make a good fire starter when I get my fire pit running.
I've only tried with the engine on.

You have an actual key? I'm keyless. There's a special way to emulate key-on, engine off. Only real reason to do that is to use a code scanner.

Quick Reply: 2014 Impala DIC TROUBLE