2015 Impala code P0442 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

2015 Impala code P0442

CF Beginner

March 5th, 2018, 4:21 PM   #1  
2015 Impala code P0442

Got the above code (Small Emissions Leak). Changed gas cap, no help. Any thoughts about obvious things to check?

Thanks,

Bob

CF Beginner

March 17th, 2018, 9:21 AM   #2  
pumping gas.

Hey bob, does this happen when you pump gas? Have you tried to reboot the car system sometimes all it need is a reboot to stock. I to have a similar problem with the gas cap. I had my cars system checked twice for problems and had nothing wrong came up except that I needed a new gas tank cap some thing wrong with the sensor but when I did change it problem is still there so. Ow that every time I pump gas my car wonít start after two or three times battery is still good, everything in the cabin still functions any help would be nice thnx. Itís a 2015 model, oh I also checked vin numb. For recalls and nothing came up.

Posted By: BobHorn Got the above code (Small Emissions Leak). Changed gas cap, no help. Any thoughts about obvious things to check?

Thanks,

Bob

CF Monarch

March 17th, 2018, 10:14 AM   #3  
Posted By: Esteban Aldama
Hey bob, does this happen when you pump gas? Have you tried to reboot the car system sometimes all it need is a reboot to stock. I to have a similar problem with the gas cap. I had my cars system checked twice for problems and had nothing wrong came up except that I needed a new gas tank cap some thing wrong with the sensor but when I did change it problem is still there so. Ow that every time I pump gas my car wonít start after two or three times battery is still good, everything in the cabin still functions any help would be nice thnx. Itís a 2015 model, oh I also checked vin numb. For recalls and nothing came up.

if the vehicle won't start after filling with fuel; have the purge valve checked. If the purge valve is stuck open, fumes from the filling event will create a flood condition and cause a hard start.

Search this Thread
Sponsors

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: