Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

2016 Impala- Audio off

Search this Thread

Old November 26th, 2018, 12:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you repost need my Chevy Impala fixed thank you for your time..
Old November 27th, 2018, 6:30 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the same problem with my 2014 Impala 2LTZ today. We were out and about starting our Christmas shopping, everything was fine. Went to the first store and when we came out to drive the next, we noticed that after the car started the display on the center stack was blank, there was no audio from anything, no radio, no alerts no beeping. I tried to call Ostar but there was no audio so that system was unusable. Also may be a clue or not, when my wife tried to use the steering wheel heater, the light on the wheel did not illuminate, but the heater still did heat the wheel without the light on. When I got home, I pulled the fuse for the radio , RDO - #4 waited a minute, then reinserted it. When I had the fuse out, I did notice the blades on the fuse were tarnished the same way silverware gets. I may go out tomorrow to get a replacement fuse. After the fuse was back in, everything seemed to return to normal. I called OnStar to run a diag and no codes were returned.
Old June 5th, 2019, 1:56 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by Gravydog316
i posted the solutions months ago
Nope, neither of those worked.
Old June 5th, 2019, 1:58 PM
CF Beginner

Default Any luck

Originally Posted by scirocco
No audio at all, no open door chime, no key in ignition reminder, no onstar, no turn signal click, no radio, cant change from fm to am or xm, can't direct tune radio. Have tried removing fuses, restarting car, disconnecting battery but driver information center still says "Audio:Off" Anything i can do short of taking it to the dealer? it's still under warranty so they should take care of it.
I'm having the same issue, any fix?
Old June 5th, 2019, 7:34 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Could be a bad fuse block. You'll need to test each fuse location to see if they have voltage. I know the malibu has had an issue with the copper wire breaking inside the fuse block causing ignition and other problems.
Old June 7th, 2019, 7:04 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by KChevy75
Could be a bad fuse block. You'll need to test each fuse location to see if they have voltage. I know the malibu has had an issue with the copper wire breaking inside the fuse block causing ignition and other problems.
Mine is a bad radio amp in the trunk area.
12.5 volts going into the amp, anywhere from 4 to 8.5 volts coming out.

When the voltage coming out goes too low, I lose all sound.

New amp replaced with labor will cost 670$
Old June 1st, 2020, 10:38 PM
CF Beginner

Default My 2015 chevy impala out of the blue has dic AUDIO OFF

No audio at all, no open door chime, no key in ignition reminder, no onstar, no turn signal click, no radio, cant change from fm to am or xm, can't direct tune radio. Have tried removing fuses, restarting car, disconnecting battery but driver information center still says "Audio:Off

Last edited by sal9583; June 1st, 2020 at 11:04 PM.
Old June 1st, 2020, 10:56 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by scirocco
No audio at all, no open door chime, no key in ignition reminder, no onstar, no turn signal click, no radio, cant change from fm to am or xm, can't direct tune radio. Have tried removing fuses, restarting car, disconnecting battery but driver information center still says "Audio:Off" Anything i can do short of taking it to the dealer? it's still under warranty so they should take care of it.
what was the issue om ur car how did u fix it
Old October 12th, 2021, 12:57 PM
CF Beginner

Default 2019 Impala audio off

I am having the same problem with my 2019 Impala. The infotainment system display comes on but there is no sound for anything. No blinker sound no back-up warning sound no seat belt chime no door open chime. No radio Sound no CD sound no Bluetooth sound. The display in between my tach and speedometer says audio off. I have disconnected the fuse and replaced it that did not work. I have unhook the battery let it sit for an hour and then hook the battery backup that did not work either. I have restored factory settings that did not work either.

Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Service
Hi there scirocco,

We regret to hear about this audio concern you're experiencing with your Impala, and we'd be happy to look into this further for you on our end. If that is of interest, please send us a private message at your earliest convenience.

We look forward to hearing from you,

Chelsea D.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old October 12th, 2021, 5:14 PM
CF Beginner

Its the equalizer located in the trunk right side i replaced mine and i got sound now

Quick Reply: 2016 Impala- Audio off