Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

AC and Cruise Problem

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2008, 12:27 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC and Cruise Problem

I have a 2001 Impala and the Cruise does not work (The light does not even come on) and the AC does not blow cold air. I checked the fuse box and found a fuse that controlled both the cruise and AC but that fuse was fine. Does anyone have any ideas what else it could be?
Old April 7th, 2008, 5:02 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: AC and Cruise Problem

test for 12v with the ign on at the cruise module's brown wire. The fuse you tested supplies power to this wire. If there is not voltage there, then you may have a broken or coroded wire somewhere
Old April 8th, 2008, 6:28 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks, I will test that.
Old April 8th, 2008, 11:55 AM
CF Beginner

I checked the voltage at the AC/Cruise fuse and it was 1.6v. What should the voltage be at the fuse? Where is the voltage coming from before the fuse?
Old April 8th, 2008, 4:40 PM
Banned

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

With the key on, it should be 12v. Power comes directly from the ign switch's orange wire. Test there for 12 volts. If you only have 1.6v there, then you need an ignition switch. If there is 12volts there, Check at the fuse box, there should be a 68 pin black connector with this orange wire. It is pin F6. If there is 12 volts at the wire going into the fuse box, remove the connector to see if there is corrosion, pushed out pin, or anything that might cause a bad connection. If you come up with nothing, you can always by-pass the fuse box by wiring this circuit directly to the orange wire. To do this you need to get a fuse holder, and tap in the orange wire with it.Do not cut the orange wire as it feeds other circuits in the fuse box!! Then in the same connector as the orange wire, there will be 2 brown wires in pin b4 and 2 more in c4. Then in the other connector, there will be another brown wire in pin c9. All of these wires are fed by that a\c cruise fuse.
Old June 15th, 2011, 3:42 PM
CF Beginner

Is it possible to replace a whole fuse box, my ac keep kicking off when i turn it on
Old June 15th, 2011, 10:36 PM
CF Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not sure if your Impala uses the same system, but I had a Grand Prix with the same problem. Turned out to be a leak in the vacuum line going to the cruise module. Replaced the line and the cruise and A/C both started working again.