Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Ac off Engine hot

Search this Thread

Old August 8th, 2022, 12:45 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ac off Engine hot

So I've already seen alon this forum discussion of this topic already. I can't seem to find the exact post. Anyways for the past week our dash keeps reading ac off engine hot. The car isn't showing any signs of it overheating. The light will go off for a few days and come back on. Today it came on when I turned the car over. All of the gages are reading normal. The car is driving fine the engine is quiet and it doesn't seem to be struggling at all. The only thing I have noticed is the fan running a little louder when turn the car over and when the car is idling. I've noticed this something common in these cars. Anyone on here happen to know what could be causing the light to come on?
Old August 9th, 2022, 1:25 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash91
So I've already seen alon this forum discussion of this topic already. I can't seem to find the exact post. Anyways for the past week our dash keeps reading ac off engine hot. The car isn't showing any signs of it overheating. The light will go off for a few days and come back on. Today it came on when I turned the car over. All of the gages are reading normal. The car is driving fine the engine is quiet and it doesn't seem to be struggling at all. The only thing I have noticed is the fan running a little louder when turn the car over and when the car is idling. I've noticed this something common in these cars. Anyone on here happen to know what could be causing the light to come on?
Are you getting any OBD II codes?
Old August 9th, 2022, 7:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by oilcanhenry
Are you getting any OBD II codes?
The check engine light is on. I've told my husband to take it to have a diagnostic test ran on it. Even if multiple codes pop up we can at least get any major issues taken care of before we don't have a vehicle anymore.The car has been driving normal no major signs while driving other than engine light and the one ac off message coming up. I have family members who work on cars but they all work full time jobs and don't ever have time to really come help out.

Last edited by Ash91; August 9th, 2022 at 7:49 AM.