Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Aftermarket Headlights giving problems with turn signals 02 impala

Search this Thread

Old September 16th, 2012, 3:21 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Headlights giving problems with turn signals 02 impala

Hey guys, long time lurker first time poster. This forum has helped me solve many minor problems with my 02 impala LS and has saved me a lot of money. Hopefully someone can come through with some great answers again.

My problem is that I recently bought a pair of the Halo, LED aftermarket headlights for my 02 impala. Everything went well with installation other than the fact that all my turn signals (left and right, front and back) blink extremely fast when I turn them on. The hazard lights work and blink normally. However, to troubleshoot the problem I replaced my taillight bulbs in case they coincidentally were about to go out the same day I put my new headlights in, then I replaced one side with my OEM Headlight and that side returned back to normal so I'm a little puzzled.

I've seen a lot of posts saying I need to replace my Hazard switch/flasher which is integrated together I believe, but I don't think that is the problem due to my original headlights functioning fine. Do I need to buy a heavy duty flasher like for trailers in order for my turn signals to return to working order?

I wired my Halo's and LED's into the lowbeam wires and never touched the turn signals. Is there too much load? I didn't think LED's draw much power so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Any thoughts or solutions would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Shawn