Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

ANY NEW NEWS ON THE REMOTE CONTROL PROBLEM??

Search this Thread

Old February 9th, 2007, 9:12 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ANY NEW NEWS ON THE REMOTE CONTROL PROBLEM??

My dealer said the reciever (which is the root cause of the problem) is on national backorder. You should check w/ your dealer to see if THEY have it, because noboday else does! In the meanwhile, I will continue to park right up against my house for best range...all 20 feet of it!
Old February 11th, 2007, 3:45 AM
art
CF Junior Member

Thanks for the helpful info OHSEVENLTZ, I'm going to print this and take to my dealer and see what they can then do.
Old February 11th, 2007, 10:24 AM
CF Active Member

i work in a parts dept. at a chevy dealer
and the part is on national backorder
we got a few people waiting for this part
good luck
Old February 11th, 2007, 12:10 PM
CF Beginner

what is the expected wait time for this part? are they coming out with a redesign? Because obviously the first one failed, i dont want to go through all of this headache to put in the same part, and after 2 monthes, be back in the same situation!
Old March 6th, 2007, 5:10 PM
CF Beginner

My dealer just called and said the parts were in and I have an service appointment on Thursday. Another thing is that my Tire Pressure monitor started actring up yesterday too. I hope this transmitter fixes this problem as well. I'll let you all know how it goes.
Old March 17th, 2007, 10:25 PM
CF Junior Member

I have a new 2007 Impala S/S with the same remote start problems. My chevy dealer said he ordered all three parts; installed them and the range at best is 40 feet. The remote did not work at all when I first bought the car in Febuary. The dealer does not no what else to do to get the 200 advertised feet the manual says. Any other suggestions?
Old March 19th, 2007, 5:04 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did he order the updated parts? could be a bad replacement part?
The build date on our 07 3LT is Feb 12, 2007- so it seems the new cars are getting the updated parts, I tested the distance -went to an empty parking lot- and walked across lot- and tried to remote start the car and simply lock the car- from quite a distance I was able to do it. Too bad I didnt measure it. (i should try with my GPS)
But Id say it was 200 feet PLUS. Distance is a bit longer when you put the remote to your chin and press the button... try it... it works.
Old March 20th, 2007, 4:02 PM
CF Senior Member

Hey guys- I have an 07. Build date of Feb 12, 2007.
I went out to an empty lot. walked across to the other side- pressed the lock button- nothing- placed remote on my chin- and lights came on.
Neat...
So I turn on my Garmin GPS device- walk back to car while pressing the lock button- remote about waist level.... then lights come on... heres the distance.

remote on chin- 400 ft.
remote at normal waist level- 300ft.

Old March 22nd, 2007, 4:19 AM
art
CF Junior Member

Had my ImpalaSS in the shop again for the short distancethat the remote would work and the mechanic found a service bulletin that stated not to replace any parts on the car, but do replace the key fobs (remote controls). They ordered me 2 new ones, so I will see what happens when they come in. Anybody else heard this from your dealer?
Old March 22nd, 2007, 2:08 PM
CF Senior Member

do you know the data on that service bulletin?
I think the fix for this is to replace the parts..... unless this is a new up to date tsb.

Quick Reply: ANY NEW NEWS ON THE REMOTE CONTROL PROBLEM??