Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Anyone have an 06' Impala? Any squeaks or rattles?

Search this Thread

Old August 17th, 2006, 1:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have an 06' Impala? Any squeaks or rattles?

I am wondering, because I am considering the purchase of an 06' Impala and I HATE rattles, squeaks and "ticks". The 06' I rented with 17K was quiet, but wondering about others to see if it is common to be rattle free.

The 06' Toyota truck I tested today had a dash squeak and it only had 40 miles, so I passed on that model.
Old August 17th, 2006, 1:27 AM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: Anyone have an 06' Impala? Any squeaks or rattles?

Hi it's me again, I can't answer your question yet but when I test drive one I will make sure to check for you.

If you don't like squeeks then you won't like the Z or Titan because the interior may not squeek when you buy one but the ones that come into the shop that I work at may have only 8, or 9 thousand miles on them but they already squeek.
Old August 17th, 2006, 2:04 AM
CF Beginner

Thanks for that info. I had actually rented an 06' Impala with 17K about 4 weeks ago for a trip and no squeaks, but the more people I hear from, I will know how others will hold up. Hopefully all are as quiet as the one I rented.

Sad news about the Nissans - sounds like the quality has declined, as my father has a 88' Nissan 4WD with 265K and still NO squeaks or rattles. Mu uncle had an 03' Frontier and it had some interior "ticks" - little popping noise from the plastic trims. Annoying.

The older Toyotas also used to be rattle/squeak free, even with over 200K miles, as the ones I owned were. However, today I also test drove a 2006 Toyota Tundra truck, with 40 MILES and it already had a squeak from somewhere within the dash board panel. Very disappointing- so much so, that I have marked it off my shopping lists. I have heard that the quality of Nissans and Toyotas have declined and it seems like that is so.

Old August 17th, 2006, 2:12 AM
CF Junior Member

well the interior of the new nissans do ware fast however I think the engines hold up a little better than they used to.

My dad owned a 89' nissan pathfinder with 261k the interior was in good shape it did squeek a bit, but the previos owner was a crazy driving teen when we bouhgt it the sway bar had been torn and the passenger suspension arm was bent. I guess the kid jumped it off roading or something
Old August 20th, 2006, 12:33 AM
CF Beginner

I Own a '92 caprice with 276,000Km on it, and not one squeek. Some rattling from the back when i have my sub full blast. Overall, a very solid car.
Old August 21st, 2006, 11:22 PM
CF Beginner

i have a brand new 06 ss. no squeaks. just a fast tite car. too bad its front wheel drive
Old August 22nd, 2006, 1:07 AM
CF Active Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea, I drove one and the tourqe steer sucked *****. I still would own one anyday.
Old December 23rd, 2007, 10:26 PM
CF Beginner

2006 LT3, the dash creaks and cracks and sounds like it's going to shatter when warming up from a cold start. Very solid feeling car though. I went from a 99 Cadillac STS to this, not nearly the floating ride of an STS, but a very good feel overall.