Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Anyone renew their XM after the travel period?

Search this Thread

Old March 12th, 2014, 8:16 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

https://www.statefarm.com/insurance/...fe-save/onstar

Drive less, save money. It's just that easy. Enroll your OnStar-enabled vehicle in Drive Safe & Save and we'll base your auto insurance premiums on the miles you actually drive. All you need is an active OnStar subscription enrolled in OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics.

Most customers will see a discount with this program. However, if you are currently receiving a discount for low estimated annual mileage (under 7,500 miles annually for personal use) and your vehicle is actually driven more than that threshold, your premium may increase at a future renewal. Your State Farm agent can provide you with more details

i infer they are just worried about mileage.
Old April 5th, 2014, 7:07 PM
CF Beginner

Turned off OnStar. My 2LTZ came with the GPS/Mapping built in and the navigation app is pretty good. I have a smart phone with news, weather, "phone", and gas buddy. I pay for the XM, it's still full price.

There's an app with 5 years free service that will unlock doors and show basic service related data including how much fuel and how long till your oil change. OnStar is a good idea in principle but as long as the car has Bluetooth and I have a smartphone with internet I will not buy "minutes" from onstar. Seriously step into the next century and setup calling and data plans with phone companies GM.
Old April 5th, 2014, 7:20 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SgtChow
. Seriously step into the next century and setup calling and data plans with phone companies GM.

Umm, they are. AT&T 4g lte.

I think it is dumb. You can hot spot from your phone. You should be able to use your phone's internet to stream other things other than Pandora.

GM Releases OnStar 4G LTE Details For Chevrolet Vehicles | GM Authority

General Motors CEO Dan Akerson Impressed With 4G LTE Integration | GM Authority
Old April 22nd, 2014, 3:28 PM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by sledge.impy
Umm, they are. AT&T 4g lte.

I think it is dumb. You can hot spot from your phone. You should be able to use your phone's internet to stream other things other than Pandora.

GM Releases OnStar 4G LTE Details For Chevrolet Vehicles | GM Authority

General Motors CEO Dan Akerson Impressed With 4G LTE Integration | GM Authority
I just found out yesterday, I can stream podcasts directly to the car over BT, that was a nice find for me....