Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Auto Memory Recall

Search this Thread

Old December 1st, 2017, 3:38 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question Auto Memory Recall

I must be doing something wrong. After years of trying to squeeze into my 2014 Impala 2LTZ after my wife was done driving it with the drivers seat way too close to the wheel for me, I tried to give Auto Memory Recall. I went to the owners manual on pages 3-8 and 3-9. First I went into Vehicle rationalization on page 5-43 and set it to On-Driver Door. I shut the car off, locked it and walked away from it until the interior lights dimmed down. I went back to the car with just my remote and pressed the unlock button on the door handle - still no recall. I got in pushed the memory seat location that I use, THEN pressed Set and my seat setting (2) since I figured the car had no idea that memory for location 2 should be associated with my remote. I then shut off and locked the car and walked away from it until the lights dimmed off. This time I came back with my wife's remote and hit the unlock button on the handle. No action on the auto seat memory recall. I got in, selected seat position 1, then hit set and seat position 1 to try and associate that position with my wife's remote.
I shut off the car, walked away and waited until the lights dimmed down. This time I went back with my remote, pushed the unlock button on the handle and the seat moved to my position. The following morning, I showed my wife how to use this with only her remote near the car. It worked perfectly. This was the last time it worked as we wanted it to. All other times after the one time it worked for my wife, the auto memory recall goes to my seat position (2) whether she has her remote or my remote for the car. If we try to manually use the buttons to select the seat positions 1 and/or 2, they work fine as intended.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a trick to it? Am I over thinking this?

Thanks!