Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Auto Memory Recall and Easy Exit Problem

Search this Thread

Old November 10th, 2017, 11:41 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Memory Recall and Easy Exit Problem

I just got my 2017 Impala. It's equipped with the Enhanced Convenience and Enhanced Technology packages, but I'm unable to find the settings for Auto Memory Recall and Easy Exit. I go to Settings-Vehicle-Comfort and Convenience, but the only option is Chime Volume. I was concerned that the vehicle didn't have these options, but when I contacted GM, they were able to verify by punching in the VIN# that my car was indeed equipped with the options, but said that I would have to take it to a dealer to get it looked at.

I set the seat memories by using the buttons on the driver-side door, but they do not move automatically. I have to hold the 1, 2, or Exit buttons in for them to move. If I let go of the buttons, the seats/steering wheel stops moving. I originally thought that the options were disabled, but I was surprised when they weren't there at all in the settings menu. Does anyone have any ideas why this might be happening?
Old November 12th, 2017, 8:37 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had a similar problem needing to hold the buttons in on my 2014 Impala 2LTZ. I was told there was a manufacturing change that required you to hold the button in to get to the new position for safety concerns that someone would not get pinched/trapped as the seat moved to the new position. This did not match what the owner's manual stated.Whether this is the real story or not, I don't know.
Old November 12th, 2017, 10:04 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After going through the menu 20 times or so, the options to turn on the memory recall and easy exit features just appeared. I turned them on, and they began working. Since then, they will intermittently appear and disappear when I go back into the menu, but the seats continue to work automatically. I made an appointment to have it looked at next week. Must be some kinda computer glitch.
Old November 13th, 2017, 2:56 PM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not surprised. Every so often, I inadvertently slip off the button while changing to the other memory setting and the seat continues to move to the other setting without keeping my finger on the button. Last time I brought it in to the dealer to look at it, I lost both seat settings.