Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Blend Door Actuator Calibration

Search this Thread

Old October 27th, 2022, 8:10 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blend Door Actuator Calibration

Hello there. I’m going to be replacing an actuator in a 2010 Chevy Impala LT because of that dreadful clicking noise that seems to happen with these vehicles. That’s all fine, but then I heard that you have to calibrate the actuators. I have a Bluedriver scan tool, but I don’t think that would work. I hear other things such as pulling a fuse or disconnecting the negative battery cable. I’m not sure what the proper way is. If anyone can help, I’d appreciate it.
Old October 27th, 2022, 11:30 PM
CF Monarch

Received 263 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by RSchmauch82
Hello there. I’m going to be replacing an actuator in a 2010 Chevy Impala LT because of that dreadful clicking noise that seems to happen with these vehicles. That’s all fine, but then I heard that you have to calibrate the actuators. I have a Bluedriver scan tool, but I don’t think that would work. I hear other things such as pulling a fuse or disconnecting the negative battery cable. I’m not sure what the proper way is. If anyone can help, I’d appreciate it.
As I recently mentioned, I'm not sure you need to calibrate them, but its possible.. My 98 K-1500 had the drivers-side actuator not sending air to the defroster, and I just replaced it with a new AC Delco unit and it works fine now.
Old October 28th, 2022, 8:21 AM
CF Monarch

Received 363 Likes on 344 Posts

When I had my 1999 Silverado, I replaced one and did not have to calibrate it either. Just make sure you do not power it up until it it is fully installed.