Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Blind Spot Detection Problem

Search this Thread

Old August 3rd, 2017, 2:55 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blind Spot Detection Problem

I own a 2017 Impala Premier. The right side blind spot detection LEDs are illuminating almost constantly. The right side works perfectly. Not sure where the sensors are located but regardless of where the mirror is set the problem occurs. It's under warranty, took it to the dealer and they said since it's not throwing a code the system is functioning normally. Is there some adjustment or sensitivity control on this system? Has anyone experienced a similar problem? It's a dangerous annoyance in its current state. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Old August 4th, 2017, 11:55 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Jgennello
I own a 2017 Impala Premier. The right side blind spot detection LEDs are illuminating almost constantly. The right side works perfectly. Not sure where the sensors are located but regardless of where the mirror is set the problem occurs. It's under warranty, took it to the dealer and they said since it's not throwing a code the system is functioning normally. Is there some adjustment or sensitivity control on this system? Has anyone experienced a similar problem? It's a dangerous annoyance in its current state. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Hello Jgennello, I am a little confused, you said the right side is illuminating continuously and I assume you meant the left side works perfectly. If so, I had a similar situation with my 2014 Impala 2LTZ. I bought it to the dealer and they replaced a module to fix it. When replacing the module, I believe the new module has to be programmed to the car. Here is a link to the issue I had. https://chevroletforum.com/forum/imp...problem-81694/
Old August 6th, 2017, 3:28 AM
CF Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could be dirt under the car, setting off the sensor;
(this happens with snow & slush buildup;
but yeah, they can't do anything without a code)