Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Brake Light / Trac Light / Brake Fluid Light

Search this Thread

Old February 17th, 2017, 7:46 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Light / Trac Light / Brake Fluid Light

Yesterday my daughter's 2001 Chevy Impala had the Low Brake Light come on. Along with that (at the same time) the brake light and trac off light both came on. This morning I brought the car to work and lights were off when I started it but at the first turn I made the lights came on. When I got to work I checked the brake fluid reservoir and it was about an inch below the full mark so i topped it off. After I started the car the lights came on right away. I drover it around for a bit and still nothing. I even disconnected the battery to allow for a reset and they still come on. Any ideas? I had a similar problem about 6 months ago where numerous warnings were flashing on the console and it turned out it was my BCM (Body control module) which i replaced.

I would blame the BCM right away but with noticing the brake fluid a little low this morning I would assume the light came on for a reason but it wont reset now. And not sure why the trac off and brake lights both came on also
Old February 17th, 2017, 8:05 AM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

have the codes read and post them here. you will need a scan tool that can read chassis codes. a code reader will not do this.

the brake fluid level is calibrated to be full when the linings are new, when worn out, the level should drop to the add mark. point being, check the brake linings.