Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Brand new vs Remanufactured Chevy Impala Starter ?

Old August 26th, 2018, 11:09 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brand new vs Remanufactured Chevy Impala Starter ?

Seems remanufactured chevy impala starter is more cost-effective.
For example,we assume that a brand new starter $300 at least lasts 3 years and remanufactured starter $30 may work fine for 1 year.You could buy another and get 1 year, and another and get 1 year totaling 3 years for $150. Still saving $150.00 in those.That's a great deal anywhere,right ?
What's your opinion ? And what type starter for your chevy impala ? Brand new or Remanufactured ?
Old August 27th, 2018, 12:01 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Tamara Stoneham
Seems remanufactured chevy impala starter is more cost-effective.
For example,we assume that a brand new starter $300 at least lasts 3 years and remanufactured starter $30 may work fine for 1 year.You could buy another and get 1 year, and another and get 1 year totaling 3 years for $150. Still saving $150.00 in those.That's a great deal anywhere,right ?
What's your opinion ? And what type starter for your chevy impala ? Brand new or Remanufactured ?
You can get a brand new ACDelco starter for $168 USD from Rock Auto or pay around $80 USD for a remanufactured unit. Just depends on what you want to spend, IMO.
Old August 27th, 2018, 8:28 PM
Super Moderator

Received 506 Likes on 466 Posts

brand new is to expensive for me.
Somethings I will buy new from the dealer...depends on the amount of labour to install it. If its a car I plan to keep for a long time...and I never want to go thru that battle again...it gets the best part available.
Old August 27th, 2018, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In fact,the chevy impala starter cost itself is not expensive whatever brand new or remanufactured .The expensive thing is the labor cost.
If you just a brand new starter impala starter from the dealer and not let mechanic help you install it.For this case,your new impala starter is more expensive.
On the contrary,buy a new impala starter plus install at their store,they will give you their best price.
If you prefer a cheap starter,try hexautoparts .My brother who has a small repair shop recommended me.
He said he usually buy auto starter on online after receive it then install on his customer's cars.
Old August 27th, 2018, 10:39 PM
CF Veteran

Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

You can get reman starters with lifetime warranties if you are doing your own install you never buy a starter again. I have two chevys & a nissan that have at least 6 starters between them - all with lifetime warranties. Even companies that bought companies that bought companies still honor my receipts! Just did a nissan alternator as well with a 1996 receipt!

Search this Thread