Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Chevrolet Impala - which year & model?

Search this Thread

Old December 29th, 2011, 6:26 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chevrolet Impala - which year & model?

Hello
I filmed a Chevrolet Impala parked in the street here in Katoomba, Australia yesterday. I put the video on youtube. I'd just like to know which year the Impala is and if it is any sort of special model, so I can put in the proper identification on the Youtube page. Please click on the link below to the left to view

Chevrolet Impala - YouTube

Last edited by baz201; December 29th, 2011 at 7:17 AM. Reason: clarification for viewers
Old December 29th, 2011, 4:34 PM
CF Beginner

Default Stress free car purchase

We have purchased two cars from Genesis Auto Brokers and could not have asked for better experience from start to finish! It was stress-free, quick and very professional. Unbelievably, on our second purchase, they called us in the midst of the auction and said that they could get a leather model of the same car, still within our budget if we were willing to take a different color.
We plan to buy from them again and could not recommend them highly enough!
Old December 29th, 2011, 4:54 PM
CF Beginner

Thats a 1959 Impala. The 1960 is very similar with the fins flattened on top. Can't tell much more as there are no badges on it and can't see under the hood. They came with a 235 6cyl, a 283 v8, or a 348 v8. They are fairly rare as they were not very well thought of and many were junked. Now there are few left and they are getting valuable.

Last edited by flyingmohawk; December 29th, 2011 at 5:03 PM.
Old December 29th, 2011, 5:38 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <wontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]--> GenesisAuto,

Thank you for sharing your positive review of Genesis Auto Brokers. It is greatly appreciated!

If you have any questions in the future, please feel free to contact me.

Louis
GM Customer Service
Old December 30th, 2011, 6:04 AM
CF Beginner

Default thanks

Thanks so much for the info. My Dad also thought it was a 1959 model. I appreciate your time.

barry

Originally Posted by flyingmohawk
Thats a 1959 Impala. The 1960 is very similar with the fins flattened on top. Can't tell much more as there are no badges on it and can't see under the hood. They came with a 235 6cyl, a 283 v8, or a 348 v8. They are fairly rare as they were not very well thought of and many were junked. Now there are few left and they are getting valuable.