Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Damage to my 2011 Impala

Search this Thread

Old June 11th, 2016, 12:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Damage to my 2011 Impala

As I posted a few days ago I had my Impala towed to Classic Chevrolet in Bellevue PA for the transmission, and they called me the next day and told me that there is something wrong with the transmission. They also stated that my warranty had expired in February. I told them that I would take the vehicle back to the dealership I purchased it from. Now when my car went to them there was no front end damage to my car which you will see in the pictures below, when I went to meet the tow driver to transfer my car to the other dealership I noticed that a piece f my front bumper was almost ripped off. I called Classic the next day to report the damage and they told me that they are not responsible for the damage, and that I am. I told them hat I had pictures that prove that there was no damage to the vehicle when it was towed to their facility and I also have the pictures of the damage to the vehicle. They still denied any wrong doing even after 5he service manager Brian told me that when the car was dropped off there WAS NO DAMAGE. So if I did not do the damage, and the tow truck did not damage my vehicle, THEN WHO DID?!!!!!!!

My car on 6/8/16

My car on 6/9/16
Old June 12th, 2016, 12:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

dealership lots have camera's....ask to see the footage.
Old June 12th, 2016, 12:14 PM
CF Beginner

I did , they claim they don't have cameras. I called Chevy and the BBB and filed a complaint with both. I just want people from the Pittsburgh PA area not to take their vehicles there for service because even if you have proof they will still tell you you are the one in the wrong!!! They tried to tell me that is says on their invoice that they can not be held responsible for damage to a vehicle, when it states " By signing you assume responsibility for your on vehicle". I did not sign anything because the only time I was at the dealership was on 6/9/16 to get my vehicle after hours! So if the try to produce a document with my signature I have them for Falsified documents. I am left handed and have a very distinct signature
Old June 12th, 2016, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator

speak to the owner.
if they do nothing for you, your only option is legal action.
Old June 12th, 2016, 12:38 PM
CF Beginner

I told them I want to speak with the owner, I'm waiting to see if I hear from them. If I don't hear from them on Monday Im going to take my photos to the police department.
Old June 12th, 2016, 7:24 PM
Super Moderator

what are the police going to do?

When you speak to the owner and if he does nothing for you....give him the option of fixing the damage they caused or paying for the repair and legal expenses.

legal fees will be more than the repair bill so you may want to try this yourself in small claims. the part is probably $700. paint, labour and install about $800

Last edited by tech2; June 12th, 2016 at 7:26 PM.
Old June 12th, 2016, 8:38 PM
CF Beginner

OK thanks