Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Are DIC alerts supposed to make a sound?

Old May 16th, 2016, 1:26 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are DIC alerts supposed to make a sound?

Afternoon all!

I have a 2012 Impala LT. I looked in the manual but I didn't get a conclusive answer to my question. Are all DIC alerts supposed to make a sound? I've checked my Chime setting and it's set to Loud, and I do get alarms for keys left in ignition, passenger seatbelt unfastened, etc. But DIC alerts, like ICE POSSIBLE, show up without an audible alert. Is that expected behavior or is something amiss?

Also, I checked my oil life and it's down to 10%, but the car hasn't alerted me that it's time to change the oil soon (or perhaps it did but because there was no audible alert, I missed it). The manual says that the DIC will alert me to change the oil "when it is necessary to change the engine oil and filter" but doesn't actually say what the threshold is. Would it wait until 0%?

I'm just concerned that I might be missing alerts, but since the manual doesn't clearly state what expected behavior is I am not sure if something is off or not.

Thanks!

Search this Thread