Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Door and seatbelt chimes plays at max volume

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2021, 3:00 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door and seatbelt chimes plays at max volume

Hi I have a 2015 Chevy Impala 2LTZ and I’ve been searching everywhere for a way to fix my chimes that play when I start the car or don’t have a seatbelt on. They play at max volume all the time they go off. It’s so loud when the chimes play it hurts my ears, borderline unbearable.

My chime volume settings in the stereo settings is turned all the way down but it doesn’t affect the levels at all. It will still play at max volume. If I adjust the stereo volume or press the “hang up”/ “mute”button on my steering wheel while the chimes Are going off, it will instantly turn the volume levels down to where it should be. But any other time they go off it’s bursting out the speaker full volume.

I’m afraid the BCM might be getting defective but I’m trying to see if there’s another possibility.

I hope this is fixable without going to the dealer

thanks

side note: this all started during the freezing winter season.