Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Engine power reduced?

Search this Thread

Old June 5th, 2018, 12:52 PM
Newly Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine power reduced?

My daughter was driving out 2008 Chevy Impala with the 3.5 L engine. It has 105,000 miles on it. This morning out of the blue the driver information center on the dash read "engine power reduced" and the car would not exceed 20-25 mph. I see on multiple forums that this is a common problem with these cars which is difficult to properly diagnose. Is there a recall on this?
Old June 26th, 2018, 1:00 PM
CF Beginner

Default engine power reduced

My daughter had the same problem with her 2014. It happened to her on a major highway marked as 70mph. If you can imagine that one!! I did my own research like you are and found:

after reviewing your VIN on our end, I can confirm that your son’s Impala currently has no Open or Incomplete recalls associated. Additionally, I do see that Special Coverage 14363 is affiliated to your Chevy. Please understand that our Special Coverages, stand as extended warranties, and differ from recalls. General Motors mails notices to all affected VIN owners without knowledge of the current mileage to provide an opportunity for those that may have had to pay for the same repairs out of pocket, to file a reimbursement claim. Additionally, repairs under a special coverage are only performed when the specified condition is present in the vehicle.

This has happened to many vehicles and when is Chevy going to finally admit recall. They never reimbursed us nor many of the other people that had to get this repaired. The cost was around $200 and the garage told us right off that we had to pay because Chevy gives them a hassle also for this type of repair and they end up not getting paid for the service.
Old April 4th, 2021, 8:06 AM
CF Beginner

My name is Jerome and my 2014 Impala LT with a 2.5L engine gets a stability track reduced power message on the screen after driving about 5 miles.
My scanner give me code P0017 saying my camshaft and crankshaft position sensor are not Correlating. I’ve installed the 2 camshaft position sensors, and installed a new crank shaft sensor. I’ve installed new wire pigtail connected; I’ve installed a new intake actuator and a new exhaust actuator and the car my impala is still doing the same thing giving me a stability track message and reduce power on the screen. Is there a recall on stability track?
Old May 4th, 2021, 2:07 PM
CF Beginner

I found a solution to this issue on my 2009 Cobalt. See if this helps:
https://chevroletforum.com/forum/cob...e2/#post464482

JP