Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

Finally a cheap passlock fix!

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2016, 7:08 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please show me bypass
Old June 12th, 2016, 1:10 PM
CF Beginner

Default Passlock print out for free fix

Hello,
Seen your info on here on how to fix the pass lock problem in the Chevy impala.I seen it's been a while ago but do you by chance still have the print out you could email me.It would help a lot.
Burnsjennifer26@yahoo.com
Thanks again
Jennifer burns
Old June 21st, 2016, 10:59 AM
CF Beginner

[/quote]
Originally Posted by mobileinstaller
ok first off changing the ignition switch and tumblers will do absolutely nothing sorry if you have already done this. There are three main components to the passlock ii system the passlock sensor, the bcm, and the ecm and of course the wiring in between. Odds are if this keeps happening and there is no other problems such as door locks freaking out trunk release just goin off then it's not the bcm if you do the relearn feature and it works the it is also not the ecm. So you are left with the 3 wires that run from the bcm to the passlock sensor.odds are the passlock sensor is bad. Now there are two solutions either go to the dealer and have the sensor replaced or bypass the system for good. Any respectable mobile electonics installer should be able to do this no problem it takes me about 20 mins and i personally charge 40 dollars to do so hope this helps also if you are mechanically inclined in electronics i can send a diagram on how to bypass it yourself hope this all helps
Old June 21st, 2016, 11:02 AM
CF Beginner

Please could you email me the diagram for bypassing the passlock on chevy blazer 1999. The people I bought this from really messed it up so I need to try to start it up..if it runs I'll put some money in it. Thanx
Old June 22nd, 2016, 10:49 PM
CF Beginner

Can't someone post the by pass instructions for the Impala 2002? I has seen offers to send diagrams but I don't see an email address to request them. What is the big secret. I had a completely insane Impala right after the warranty ran out. Everything stopped working randomly for short periods even while driving. I had to pay for a BCM replacement. Later the security light and start failure returned. I added a remote start module as a bypass. The only problem is the memory needs a power supply so if I loose battery power I am back to relearning. 2002 Impala 3.4 engine, automatic etc.
Old July 17th, 2016, 8:32 AM
CF Beginner

Hey im interested in the diagram for a 04 impala on bypassing
Old August 12th, 2016, 11:52 AM
CF Beginner

Default send diagram please!!!!

Originally Posted by jondoe28
UPDATE: Did the below fix almost a year. Started acting up again about a month ago. Security light always coming, have to wait 10 minutes for passlock reset (almost every day). Had the below fix done again about a thousand miles ago. Works absolutely perfect again. No securit light, starts every time. My mechanic showed me the contacts, and they were badly burned again. He took a dremel with a brush and cleaned them like brand new. I think the problem is GM using inferior metals. Also had to fix my service traction control by cleaning the contacts by the wheels, more than once. Hope this helps someone else, sure has helped me.
hello i just installed a new battery in my impala and then got hit with the security light on. it wasnt doing it before, but idk whats going on. could you please send me the diagram that you have used before and any info you have on how to permanently disable the passlock please. thank you. email me at donnell1995@yahoo.com
Old August 13th, 2016, 9:25 AM
CF Beginner

Default This works.

Okay everyone,
Here is what you need. All you need is a little patience and maybe 1.5 hours to do this ( depending on your skill level that is) some people it wont take too long at all to get done. But the following is a link that will help you out on getting rid of that nasty flashing Orange light that is yelling security at you and not letting you enjoy your ride. I have done this fix to both of my 2000 impalas and on both cars I went to the junk yard and got a new ignition cylinder and key ( I got the parts from a car that was in an accident since those were running when they were hit) but here is the link Enjoy..

https://www.kingbain.com/how-to-perm...sslock-system/
Old August 13th, 2016, 9:25 AM
CF Beginner

Old August 13th, 2016, 9:26 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by CRDuncan
Can't someone post the by pass instructions for the Impala 2002? I has seen offers to send diagrams but I don't see an email address to request them. What is the big secret. I had a completely insane Impala right after the warranty ran out. Everything stopped working randomly for short periods even while driving. I had to pay for a BCM replacement. Later the security light and start failure returned. I added a remote start module as a bypass. The only problem is the memory needs a power supply so if I loose battery power I am back to relearning. 2002 Impala 3.4 engine, automatic etc.

Quick Reply: Finally a cheap passlock fix!