Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body
Old July 24th, 2015, 4:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Engine and Powertrian
Print Wikipost

Finally a cheap passlock fix!

Search this Thread

Old April 19th, 2021, 4:40 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could you send me the picture my 2002 won’t start, I get a cal err on the radio, trie

Originally Posted by Alicia Andrews
Sorry, email is wrong.. alicia05131971@gmail.com
I had to redo my front suspension put in a new battery thought my car would be in great shape (kinda) and now won’t start. I don’t know what else to do, I took relay out and cross jumped and car turns over. I did 30 minute relearn.Thanks John.
Old May 14th, 2021, 5:13 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Can u send me that diagram

Originally Posted by mobileinstaller
ok first off changing the ignition switch and tumblers will do absolutely nothing sorry if you have already done this. there are three main components to the passlock II system the passlock sensor, the BCM, and the Ecm and of course the wiring in between. Odds are if this keeps happening and there is no other problems such as door locks freaking out trunk release just goin off then it's not the bcm if you do the relearn feature and it works the it is also not the Ecm. so you are left with the 3 wires that run from the bcm to the passlock sensor.odds are the passlock sensor is bad. now there are two solutions either go to the dealer and have the sensor replaced or bypass the system for good. any respectable mobile electonics installer should be able to do this no problem it takes me about 20 mins and i personally charge 40 dollars to do so hope this helps also if you are mechanically inclined in electronics i can send a diagram on how to bypass it yourself hope this all helps
can u send it to me
The following users liked this post:
2009HummerH3 (August 21st, 2021)
Old August 21st, 2021, 7:59 PM
CF Beginner

SAME HERE! THIS 10,20,30...minute delay is getting REAL OLD!
Old November 5th, 2021, 9:36 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could you send me the diagram for passlock bypass please,!
dboseman1@hotmail.com
The following users liked this post:
2009HummerH3 (November 6th, 2021)
Old November 6th, 2021, 6:45 PM
CF Beginner

same here
autostuffonly@hotmail.com

Last edited by 2009HummerH3; November 6th, 2021 at 6:46 PM. Reason: add email
Old January 18th, 2022, 11:07 AM
CF Beginner

Hello,

With allll the people in this post i am hoping and praying God that somebody can help me with the problem I have, I suspect the passlock but how to know???
Please dont close the windows I need help on this I am about to trow the old van to the junk.OK, Chevy express 2500- 2005, 280 000 kms.

2 years ago it begin to have this problem, almost once per month totally randomly, it do not restart after I parked the van for 10 or 30 minutes. It crank clean and do not want to start at all, look like no fuel to injector or no power to injector. Trying to start the minute right after never worked as well. Waiting 10 minutes and starting worked ALL THE TIME. I keep the key ON for the 10 minutes as I red that online. Once or twice I saw the padlock security light came ON and OFF during those 10 minutes.

Later, like 6 months ago, it begin to stall randomly on the road while driving, very dangerous. and you guess it: it start like new after sitting 10 minutes. I don't see the padlock security light on those event. But starting clean or not at all, and starting always after sitting like 10 minutes and never after 2 minutes bring my focus on the security passlock system.

Took off the key cylinder and cleaned it. no change. I shook the wires around, nothing, did not find the modul of this security system.

I bring it to the Chevy dealer and he test run it 30 minute, told me its all good and there is no code so he cannot do nothing.
There is a good amount of power steering fluid leaking from a long time on the fuse box under the hood. Small tiny quantity inside the box.

Yesterday when parked and the van not starting again, I took off and clean the key cylinder, and unplugged and plug back the small 3 wires on a single plastic plug, the security system wire to the magnet. The padlock light came ON and still ON now, and the van worked like it should so far with the light ON. But I haven't drove much since with the light ON as Im affraid it will stall.

Please please please help!
Old January 27th, 2022, 7:09 AM
CF Beginner

Originally Posted by mr_roboto_1975
I registered just to reply. I recently bought the New Rockies Module, believing their hype. It does NOT replace the theft module. It only replaces the stuff up in the steering column. That is why you have to splice INTO the wiring, not into the wire harness end, which would be much easier. The theft module must remain in place.

It certainly must solve many problems, but so would a simple resistor soldered into the wiring.
Ya I feel a little mislead after spending 300 on the new Rockies module... And customer support was no help....

Old February 9th, 2022, 5:02 PM
CF Beginner

Default Please!!!

ok first off changing the ignition switch and tumblers will do absolutely nothing sorry if you have already done this. there are three main components to the passlock II system the passlock sensor, the BCM, and the Ecm and of course the wiring in between. Odds are if this keeps happening and there is no other problems such as door locks freaking out trunk release just goin off then it's not the bcm if you do the relearn feature and it works the it is also not the Ecm. so you are left with the 3 wires that run from the bcm to the passlock sensor.odds are the passlock sensor is bad. now there are two solutions either go to the dealer and have the sensor replaced or bypass the system for good. any respectable mobile electonics installer should be able to do this no problem it takes me about 20 mins and i personally charge 40 dollars to do so hope this helps also if you are mechanically inclined in electronics i can send a diagram on how to bypass it yourself hope this all helps
Please please please could you send me the instructions/diagram??? I'm so sick of this thing.
somebody tried to steal my 2002 suburban a couple weeks ago, and they tore the ignition lock cylinder out and cracked the ignition housing. I have not been able to start it since. I installed a "kill switch" and put a portable wyze Camara on my rearview mirror. I do not have the money to take it to any dealership, I'm a single dad diy kind of guy. I'm confident I can follow a diagram or instructions. It's even my birthday today and this would be the best present ever if somebody could instruct me how to either bypass it completely out other solution besides the ridiculously priced dealership.
thanks in advance

Last edited by Jerrymc; February 9th, 2022 at 5:18 PM. Reason: More info
Old February 24th, 2022, 11:19 PM
CF Beginner

Default Diagram please

Can I have a diagram please!!!

Old February 24th, 2022, 11:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default Diagram please

Can I have a diagram please!!!

Quick Reply: Finally a cheap passlock fix!