Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

front license plate

Search this Thread

Old May 10th, 2007, 10:30 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default front license plate

I recently purchased a 2004 impala ss in a state that did not require a front plate, mine does. The car currently has a cover in the center of the bumper. How does this come off? and do I need a kit to install a plate? Thanks
Old June 19th, 2007, 7:19 PM
CF Junior Member

Default RE: front license plate

Yes, there are some kit for front license plate... I used a Stillen front license plate bracket kit in which you don't need to make any holes or any drilling to install this kind of kit all you need is just the factory hook that is already mounted in most cars, I even got a GMC car cover for free which is a promo included in purchasing it... To install, I just measured the distance from the hook on the front of the vehicle to the edge of the fascia to ensure the license plate bracket will clear and compare against the length of each post size. Anyway, I have a strong feeling that in your case the factory hook is inside that cover in the center of your bumper... Another suggestion, if you don't want to do the installing process... Your dealer is required to install it for free... Good luck!!!
Old October 8th, 2011, 6:38 PM
CF Beginner

i see this is an older post.. the plate is held on with double sided tape along the bottom edge.. if you care to sell this after you take it of im interested.. beaubuick@aol.com thank everyone if anyone has one please email me please..