Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

GM can shove it!

Search this Thread

Old April 7th, 2014, 1:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM can shove it!

i bought my 06 impala in 2006 with less than 13k on the clock for $23k for A BASE IMPALA! and have owned it ever since. i have all records for all completed maintenances and at just 79k miles the transmission has taken a **** on me. I had complained multiple times at service appointments about the trans occasionally slipping and a shudder when in overdrive and of course nothing was done. I was told since the idiot light AKA CEL wasn't on and the car was "performing adequately" that there was nothing to be done. So i guess for today's mechanics, the dum dum light has to be on or has to be a complete failure. SMH I contacted gm customer service and took the car to the dealer where i bought it and was told the only help they were willing to give me was to waive the $139 diagnostic fee and only 1 hour of labor on tearing down the transmission! THE TEARDOWN ALONE IS $860 AND THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE THE COST OF REPLACING PARTS OR LABOR TO DO SO. So i could be looking at about a 3-4k$ bill to fix the transmission. i am completely disheartened with the lack of customer service and help from gm especially considering a quick google search nets you THOUSANDS of complaints and problems with the new generation impala's transmissions. I will NEVER and i repeat NEVER buy another gm product so long as i live and plan on letting it be known that gm does very little to help a good customer in need.

LIST OF PROBLEMS I'VE HAD WITH THIS CAR SINCE BUYING IT:
STEERING GEAR REPLACED THREE TIMES...YES, NOT ONCE BUT THREE TIMES. 40K MILES
STEERING COLUMN SHAFT REPLACED. 40K MILES
NEW RACK AND PINION. 40K MILES
WATER PUMP COMPLETELY DIED AT 35K MILES.
TRUNK LATCH RELAY REPLACED....TWICE.
A/C VENT MOTOR RELAY.
FRONT BALL JOINTS.
MIDDLE CONSOLE LATCH REPLACED TWICE ALREADY AND IS BROKE AGAIN.
DASH PAD AND FAKE WOOD GRAIN REPLACED BECAUSE OF WARPING. OH, AND WHEN THEY DID THIS, MY A/C BLEW NOTICEABLY LESS EVEN ON MAX AND AGAIN WAS TOLD THIS WAS NORMAL EVEN WHEN SITTING IN ANOTHER IMPALA ON THE LOT COULD CLEARLY TELL IT BLEW MUCH HARDER THAN MINE.
POWER STEERING PUMP MAKES A GRINDING TYPE SQUEELING NOISE AND HAS DONE THIS SINCE DAY ONE AND DEALER INSISTED IT WAS NORMAL WHEN BROUGHT IN FOR SERVICE LOL....SO THAT SHOULD BE DYING SOON.
DRIVER SEAT MOTOR STOPPED WORKING....TWICE.
PASSENGER SIDE WINDOW REGULATOR.
OH AND OF COURSE WHAT PROMPTED THIS LITTLE RANT....$1700 FOR A REBUILT TRANSMISSION, MOTOR MOUNTS, AND REAR MAIN OIL SEAL.
ALL BEFORE 80K MILES LOL QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP?
AND I'M STILL NOT DONE FIXING IT SMH THE A/C BLOWER MOTOR RELAY IS GOING BAD (A/C ONLY WORKS SOMETIMES), BOTH REAR DOOR LOCKS WORK INTERMITTENTLY AND MY OIL PAN GASKET AND VALVE COVER GASKETS ARE BEING REPLACED AS WE SPEAK.

THIS....is why i will be staying away from GM.

Last edited by 06lsbadtrans; May 14th, 2014 at 11:06 AM.
Old April 7th, 2014, 2:07 PM
CF Monarch

Received 355 Likes on 336 Posts

I think you will find that all the other manufacturers have similar complaints about their cars. GM is not alone in this area. I felt the same way as you several years ago when my Trailblazer transmission had problems after 52,000 miles. I kept after them and the repaired it for $1,000.00 dollars after an initial quote of $2,3000. Keep calling and complaining.
Old April 7th, 2014, 4:11 PM
Banned

unfortunately i don't have time to call every day and hope they change there mind. the car is my wife's and is used primarily to shuttle my daughter around and run errands as my car is a stick and she can't drive it. i've gone all the way to the service district manager and this is what they're willing to offer. $900 just for the teardown to determine what needs to be replaced....they must be out of there mind. BTW, i notice your in miami....this is AUTONATION PEMBROKE PINES CHEVROLET im referring to STAY AWAY!
Old April 7th, 2014, 8:10 PM
Super Moderator

Received 509 Likes on 469 Posts

At what mileage did you do the trans service?
There is no way any manufacturer would cover a transmission overhaul on a 8 year old car, 3 years off powertrain warranty...its not even close. Why do you think it should be covered?
Old April 9th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hi 06lsbadtrans,

We are sorry to hear of your frustrations. If you would like to send us a private message with your case number, we can look into the situation.

Jessica
Chevrolet Customer Care

Originally Posted by 06lsbadtrans
i bought my 06 impala in 2006 with less than 13k on the clock for $23k for A BASE IMPALA! and have owned it ever since. i have all records for all completed maintenances and at just 79k miles the transmission has taken a **** on me. i contacted gm customer service and took the car to the dealer where i bought it and was told the only help they were willing to give me was to pay for the $139 diagnostic fee and only 1 hour of labor on tearing down the transmission! THE TEARDOWN ALONE IS $860 AND THAT DOESN'T INCLUDE THE COST OF REPLACING PARTS OR LABOR TO DO SO. So i could be looking at about a 3-4k$ bill to fix the transmission. i am completely disheartened with the lack of customer service and help from gm especially considering a quick google search nets you THOUSANDS of complaints and problems with the new generation impala's transmissions. i will NEVER and i repeat NEVER buy another gm product so long as i live and plan on letting it be known that gm ****S on the customer.
Old May 8th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Banned

2006 Impala and you are bitching? Are you somehow under the impression the Japanese or Korean brands would be kissing your **** right now?

I know, go buy a Toyota and see what you get. Better yet, you can buy one of the lowest rated brands made or even buy its cousin. I am of course talking about Hyundai/Kia. The guy who just paid to have a body shop cut off and weld on a new roof on his junk Tundra can enlighten you. He paid for that repair on his 6yr old junk Japanese ride.

Get a grip and stop expecting hand outs to cover repairs on an 8 yr old vehicle.
Old May 12th, 2014, 7:34 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Todd2869
2006 Impala and you are bitching? Are you somehow under the impression the Japanese or Korean brands would be kissing your **** right now?

I know, go buy a Toyota and see what you get. Better yet, you can buy one of the lowest rated brands made or even buy its cousin. I am of course talking about Hyundai/Kia. The guy who just paid to have a body shop cut off and weld on a new roof on his junk Tundra can enlighten you. He paid for that repair on his 6yr old junk Japanese ride.

Get a grip and stop expecting hand outs to cover repairs on an 8 yr old vehicle.
I wasn't expecting chevy to "kiss my ***"......a little bit more help that 1 hour of labor covered considering i bought the car pretty much new from a chevy dealer and kept up on all maintenances and with only 80k miles....YEA! Oh, and about buying a toyota

Name:  camry7.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  45.9 KB

Name:  camry3.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  44.3 KB

2014.5 camry se with 3 miles....awww gm, this could've been an impala but you wanted to be douches. I bet the trans doesn't take a **** on this one at 80k miles lol. Oh, and btw when the shop pulled the trans down they found the motor mounts were completely shot (all rubber gone) and the rear main seal was leaking.....AWESOME QUALITY FROM GM! what a joke.

Oh and todd, which one is you tough guy?

Name:  keyboardgangsta.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  68.4 KB

Name:  keyboardgangsta2.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  40.0 KB
Old May 12th, 2014, 7:52 PM
Super Moderator

the Toyota is a nice car. Its not for me but the gay couple next door have one and they love it.
Old May 12th, 2014, 7:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tech2
the Toyota is a nice car. Its not for me but the gay couple next door have one and they love it.
You and todd should date, and it is MUCH nicer than my impala that's for sure. And don't act like they don't live next door.....they're probably you're boyfriends.

I bet when you see them being intimate you be like
Name:  funny.jpg
Views: 129
Size:  21.1 KB

Last edited by 06lsbadtrans; May 12th, 2014 at 7:59 PM.
Old May 12th, 2014, 8:03 PM
Super Moderator

I don't live in Hollywood

Quick Reply: GM can shove it!