Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

GM Nav Radio Question

Search this Thread

Old August 27th, 2012, 11:17 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM Nav Radio Question

Hello All,

I've installed a GM factory nav radio into my 2012 Impala. After some trouble with the nav I found out that replacing the aftermarket GPS antenna with an OEM one has helped out a ton with the signal quality. What I am still wondering about the radio though is what does it use from the vehicle speed sensor and how does it apply to the navigation? I currently do NOT have my nav unit wired into the VSS as I took me the better part of six weeks in research to find where it is on my vehicle and the only function that seem to not being working are the audible turn by turn directions.

Does anyone have an understanding on what the nav radios take from the VSS signal and how it's utilized? If I don't have to splice into that wire I'd prefer not to, but if I need to for whatever reason I will.
Old January 29th, 2014, 10:53 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI...If anyone ever needs to just replace the Volume and Tune ***** on these NAV's, I found a great link and price here:

2012 2013 Chevy GMC Truck Volume and Tune **** for Denso Navigation Radio | eBay