Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Is this a good deal for an impala?

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2012 | 4:17 PM
CF Beginner

Default Is this a good deal for an impala?

2003 black impala 3.4L (not LS)
39k miles
1 owner senior driven
Inside is perfect, not even a stain.
Garage kept for last 9 years. Even has original tires.
On the entire body I could find only a a light scratch one a side that may buff out and a few very small ones on the top of the car.

I could be in the car for about $6600 after taxes and Transport to go get it.
Will upload pictures later.

Kbb is about $7150 but isn't always accurate.

Last edited by Bden; April 25th, 2012 at 6:42 AM.
Old April 23rd, 2012 | 6:35 AM
CF Beginner

It doesn't sound bad at all with the low miles and as clean as you describe it. My wife's 2006 Impala LT had 27k miles and was totaled in a recent hail storm. The insurance settled with us for $15K. The said part was it only had 27k and we had 9 payments left. To get something comparable will mean more car payments. Persoanally, I think it's a good deal for you cause if you get a good Impala, they will last forever mechanically or that has been my experience after owning several.
Good Luck!
Old April 24th, 2012 | 8:30 PM
CF Beginner

I recently picked up a '03 3.4L base model with 51,000 miles on it. Two owners, the second being elderly. Rarely driven, interior needed cleaning to get to my standard. I paid owner $6000 , so license,tax on top of that.
After getting it home I had to put rear rotors on it because of rust from lack of use. They are cheap though. Also had to replace a transmission cooler line that was leaking. Then found that the hood and roof had been repainted ( maybe hail, but who knows. They did a very good job on the bronze metallic paint so not real disappointed that I missed it. The rest of the body was clean, but not perfect. No rust underneath from Wisconsin winters. The tires had been recently replaced, but I needed to have a road force balance done on them maybe do to length of time sitting idle. I expected a couple of issues from sitting.
All in all happy so far, not complaining. Getting 30mph on highway.
Sounds like you have a good deal there.
Good Luck.