Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Haunted?

Search this Thread

Old November 1st, 2019, 6:34 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Haunted?

We have a 2016 Impala LT that seems to be haunted.

When we start the car after it has been off for a while, either overnight or just while we were shopping, the comfort controls have reset to lower settings.\
The passenger temp control will be down to 60 degrees & the blower speed will be down to low. The drivers' temp. control does not change.

The car was previously a rental car with Enterprise Rentals so someone may have done something to make it do this.
If this is so, how can I cure it from doing this?

Or, is it haunted?
Vern
Old November 1st, 2019, 6:52 PM
CF Monarch

Received 138 Likes on 130 Posts

If you have the owners manual, it should give you instructions on how to set up automatic controls.
Old November 1st, 2019, 7:46 PM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Vern31
We have a 2016 Impala LT that seems to be haunted.

When we start the car after it has been off for a while, either overnight or just while we were shopping, the comfort controls have reset to lower settings.\
The passenger temp control will be down to 60 degrees & the blower speed will be down to low. The drivers' temp. control does not change.

The car was previously a rental car with Enterprise Rentals so someone may have done something to make it do this.
If this is so, how can I cure it from doing this?

Or, is it haunted?
Vern
Naw, only F**D's are haunted. Could be the A-A-T sensor, but not likely. Sounds like it might be a software issue to me. Something isn't holding steady on your Impala.
Old November 1st, 2019, 8:14 PM
CF Beginner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A-A-T?
Vern
Old November 2nd, 2019, 12:39 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Vern31
A-A-T?
Vern
It's short for Ambient Air Temperature sensor.

Its a very small device mounted ahead of the A/C condenser, usually behind the front grill. It is part of the Climate Control System, but to my knowledge it effects the A/C system much more so, then the heating system, if at all. It's the same device that allows the vehicle to read the outside temperature and display it on the dash panel.

Since your issue is cold temps out of the climate control box, I don't believe it's an issue. If it were, they are $4 or $5 dollars, and easy to replace on most vehicles..