Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

HELP! Impala '03 Ls 3.8 V6 Engine In Terrible Shape; Car Wont Cut On, Can Shift Gears

Search this Thread

Old December 17th, 2017, 6:37 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Impala '03 Ls 3.8 V6 Engine In Terrible Shape; Car Wont Cut On, Can Shift Gears

I will provide pics and vids when my phone charges but basically 100k+ miles engine is in bad shape, it wont crank but when it worked i had to constantly put water / fluid in radiator cap, the fan never came on. although my ac ran perfectly fine.

i had a problem where the car wouldn't crank and gave a loud screeching noise until i replaced the right axle. car ran smoothly for a while then the overheating problem reappeared. The car has always had abs sensor check engine and low engine light ect on. the check engine light would blink after 30 mph especially when on the highway.

Now when i try to crank the car it wont crank only or turn on at all, only shift gears. I plan to replace /rebuild the engine with the best parts with the help of you guys. I have no problem getting parts, as i get them dirt cheap so this would be no problem. I've already gotten a replacement radiator and fan with a water pump. ALL tips are appreciated as this is my first hands on experience under the hood and i know little to nothing about cars i dont even know if its FWD or RWD.

HELP! Impala '03 Ls 3.8 V6 Engine In Terrible Shape; Car Wont Cut On, Can Shift Gears-ayorg2z.jpg
HELP! Impala '03 Ls 3.8 V6 Engine In Terrible Shape; Car Wont Cut On, Can Shift Gears-spl430o.jpg
HELP! Impala '03 Ls 3.8 V6 Engine In Terrible Shape; Car Wont Cut On, Can Shift Gears-0c1jpqm.jpg