Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

horn beeps constantly 2004 Impala

Search this Thread

Old April 27th, 2019, 2:16 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default horn beeps constantly 2004 Impala

Hi Everyone,
Newbie to this forum but a long time member of the OpelGt forum for my other old car, a 1973 Manta. Bought my wife a 2004 Impala LS as she wanted a heavier car to drive to feel safer if in an accident. The horn never worked properly. I replaced the horn relay and when I install the horn fuse the horn starts beeping constantly. Could the Multi-Function switch in the steering wheel be the problem? I know the switch is bad as the high beams don;t always stay on or work at all. Googled the problem but could not find an answer, so I come to the true experts in cars, the owners who actually work on them, for the answer.
Thanks ahead of time and I look forward to being member here,
Jeff
Old April 27th, 2019, 3:18 PM
I'm here for the party

Received 71 Likes on 66 Posts

welcome from maryland, i have an 04 impala but never had a horn issue. is it constantly staying on or does it "beep" then pause and "beep" like it would if the car alarm was going off?
Old April 27th, 2019, 3:46 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you from Wisconsin for the welcome!

It beeps constantly. Previous owner said it would go weeks before constantly beeping. Definately not an alert to security or lights being left on. Pulling the fuse obviously solves the problem but renders the horn useless

Originally Posted by Irish_alley
welcome from maryland, i have an 04 impala but never had a horn issue. is it constantly staying on or does it "beep" then pause and "beep" like it would if the car alarm was going off?
Old April 28th, 2019, 7:31 AM
CF Monarch

Received 342 Likes on 323 Posts

Probably the horn button in the steering wheel.