How-to: Dash Front Removal and Aftermarket Head Unit Installation - Page 2 - Chevrolet Forum - Chevy Enthusiasts Forums

How-to: Dash Front Removal and Aftermarket Head Unit Installation

CF Beginner

August 11th, 2011, 12:09 PM   #11  
Hi

I have an 05 Impala with OnStar installed. I stupidly had a friend work on replacing the stock radio a few years back and he cut the connections off after taking the stock radio out, assuming he could splice the wires back together as this was something he, and electrician, would have no problem doing. Unfortunately, he didn't count on the OnStar system having a different input on the back of the radio, so I've been radioless for 2 years now. I am wondering if anyone can give me any advice/help before I take it to a place like Best Buy and sink $500.00 into this? I know a new wiring harness will do the trick, but I have no idea how to even begin installing that. I do however currently own an additional wiring harness, so if someone has a diagram or instructions on how to replace that I'd be interested. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

CF Beginner

October 24th, 2011, 10:07 AM   #12  
thanks sooo much for the diagram. can now install an aftermarket myself instead of taking to shop.

CF Junior Member

November 29th, 2012, 11:48 AM   #13  
what after market radio are most of you guys installing?

i havent got much feedback but i am assuming the impala radio is same as silverado..?

CF Beginner

August 16th, 2014, 2:36 PM   #14  
Remove in replace rear speakers in chevy 2000 impala

How do i remove my blowed out rear speakers in replace them with some more rear speakers factory that came out an monte carlos

CF Beginner

June 29th, 2017, 7:47 PM   #15  
I have a 2002 Impala LS. I was wondering if I replace the factory radio, how would I program my FOB without the factory radio as everything goes through the radio including security and so forth? Are there any modules that has to be purchased to keep all these procedures through the radio?

Tags
Search this Thread
Sponsors
Sponsors