Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Impala

Search this Thread

Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:42 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impala

Having owned nothing but GM cars over the past 40 years I keep looking for a new Impala to cover the void left when the Pontiac Bonnevile went away. Now I'll admit it wasn't the perfect 4 door sport sedan but the G8 was a great car and someone at GM needs to stop living off of accomplishments from the 50's and 60's. Dumping Pontiac and Oldsmobile wasn't a great thing but when you continue to offer cars that put customers to sleep in the showroom that's what happens. Think Studebaker, Nash, Kaiser Frasiar, Packard, Etc.

I currently own 3 Corvette's a 67, 95, 2006 and 2 GTO's, a 65 and 69 all in showroom or better condition and I drive a 2009 Impala LTZ that in my opinion is a far better car then most competitors, even as old as the design is. However, at what point is GM going to plug the hole in the sales dam and stop guy's like me who want to continue buying GM cars from moving to other makes to get a real luxury sport sedan that will speck out for the New General Motors. Please, by 2014 it's going to be way too late.

Is it just me or do other feel the same.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 9:14 AM
CF Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I was buying a new car right now, it would probably be a Taurus with the ecoboost V6. The current Impala is a generic fleet/rental car and the Taurus went upmarket.