Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Impala Transmission's

Search this Thread

Old April 21st, 2014, 7:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LMAO! I like how you edited all of your posts with the insults. Maybe I should report it to the mods. You know they can see it pre-edit?
Oh, and you added stuff to not look like such a tard.....i like that lol. I did have you looking rather foolish so i understand.

Last edited by 06lsbadtrans; April 21st, 2014 at 7:36 PM.
Old April 21st, 2014, 8:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 507 Likes on 467 Posts

You really have trouble making assessments. I'm definitely not being nice to you. lmao. I don't believe your list, I can verify this list but I guess you don't want to be called on it.

Bottom line, you don't get extended warranty just because you made a complaint previous. The concern was addressed and closed. If you weren't satisfied, you should have addressed it immediately not 30 000 miles later after a total failure.
Old April 21st, 2014, 8:19 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by 06lsbadtrans
LMAO! I like how you edited all of your posts with the insults. Maybe I should report it to the mods. You know they can see it pre-edit?
Oh, and you added stuff to not look like such a tard.....i like that lol. I did have you looking rather foolish so i understand.

I did edit a comment which was "You must be goofing on me, as no one can be that stupid intentionally". I thought it was uncalled for so I changed it. Please call the moderators. They will just close the thread. Lets keep it going. You will still be mad. I will still be indifferent...my tranny works. I love the conflict...and to edit.

Last edited by tech2; April 21st, 2014 at 8:55 PM.
Old April 21st, 2014, 11:05 PM
Banned

Like i said, do i give three shi*s what your internet hero azz thinks? Call autonation pembroke pines chevrolet and ask them if your so curious. You must be the president of GM. lol And report it 30000 miles later? Where did i say that? Trans completely failed about 500 miles ago. She's been limping it around ever since. Like blueimpala mentioned, mechanics like you these days are to retarded to figure something UNLESS it's a complete failure or the idiot light AKA CEL is on. And mad? lol Only thing I'm mad about is not having the oppurtunity to meet you face to face. Stay tough behind your computer. If your ever in hollywood come check me out. Keep sitting in front of your mom's computer in your parent's basement beating off to kiddie **** and quoting wikipedia. Oh, and car will be fixed tomorrow. $1250 and the satisfaction knowing i'll never buy another gm product and make sure to tell everyone i can about staying away. I guess all the problem threads on here about the newer gm products are people who make things up too. And i bet you like trannies huh? lol MAKE EM WORK FRUITCAKE!

Last edited by 06lsbadtrans; April 21st, 2014 at 11:10 PM.
Old April 22nd, 2014, 6:56 AM
Super Moderator

yep, no hostility there. My friends come over at the end of the day, read this and we all have a good laugh.
Old April 24th, 2014, 8:17 PM
CF Beginner

just want to reply to this thread.

GF bought a new 2014 impala in October of 2013, I had only taken a few rides in it but was very impressed with the comfort and ride, and really impressed with the console with the nav, audio and big screen for these features.

2 weeks ago we decided to take a trip from New York to Florida to visit and relax for a week.

On the way down after the car got thoroughly warmed up I noticed that sometimes while accelerating the tranny would hesitate and then try to downshift and then slam into gear causing a really hard bang to the drivetrain. This is with a car with 3500 miles on it.

If I would really press hard on the gas to pass someone the trans would shift smoothly and have no problems.

This banging happened more and more as the trip progressed. Once we arrived in Florida we didn't use the car much and forgot about the problems we were having but as soon as we started home the banging started happening again and again.

The second day of the ride home the transmission was so bad we called our local dealer that we bought the car from to inform them of the problem and schedule an appointment to have them look at the car.

The service person that took our call told us that if we didn't take the car to the nearest dealer on our way home and have it looked at we would void our warranty and possibly have to pay out of pocket for the work that would be needed.

After voicing our concerns about having to get home to go to work the next day and not being able to find a dealer and possibly being stuck at a dealer for a few days she relented and told us to stop at the nearest garage and check the transmission fluid level and add if necessary.

OMG here is a chevy rep telling us to check the transmission fluid level on a sealed transmission with no dipstick.

After arriving home we dropped the car off the next day at our dealer and after a day of checking codes ( I guess that's what they were doing) was told they could not find a problem with the car.

We knew this would happen because the car never showed any idiot lights or check engine lights. And if there are now lights there is nothing wrong with the car right?

We go down to the dealer that night and after a long time explaining to them that I had just driven the car over 3000 miles I should know if the transmission is having a problem, and giving them a detailed explanation of what was happening, holy cow the next day the transmission guy finally had the banging happen to him as he was driving the car.

Hallelujah, with out codes or idiot lights these chevy techs finally detected a problem with the transmission. They don't know what is wrong but they are removing the trans from the car and are trying to diagnose the problem.

I can say that after they felt the problem the situation has changed from "customer doesn't know what they are talking about to maybe they did feel something wrong" they gave us a loaner car (as they should have) and are taking the matter seriously

Hopefully I will post a follow up with the results of chevy's handling of our problem
Old April 24th, 2014, 8:37 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mad38dog
just want to reply to this thread.

GF bought a new 2014 impala in October of 2013, I had only taken a few rides in it but was very impressed with the comfort and ride, and really impressed
If I would really press hard on the gas to pass someone the trans would shift smoothly and have no problems.
OMG here is a chevy rep telling us to check the transmission fluid level on a sealed transmission with no dipstick.

..., holy cow the next day the transmission guy finally had the banging happen to him as he was driving the car.
Hallelujah, with out codes or idiot lights these chevy techs finally detected a problem with the transmission. They don't know what is wrong but they are removing the trans from the car and are trying to diagnose the problem.
Hopefully I will post a follow up with the results of chevy's handling of our problem
v6? or 4 cylinder?

Thanks for the post. and Please do keep us posted.
Old April 25th, 2014, 7:13 AM
CF Beginner

It has the V6 in it

Al in all it is a really nice car, sunroof, rear view camera, rides good, and really is a good looking car. I just wish we knew about the tranny problems before we bought it, we might have went with something else

Last edited by mad38dog; April 25th, 2014 at 7:16 AM.
Old April 25th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Official GM Rep

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hello Mad38dog,

I am sorry to hear about your concerns with your girlfriend's Impala. I would like to follow up her and her Chevrolet dealership. Please have her private message us her name, VIN, phone number, and dealership name. If it is more convenient, you can have her email us socialmedia@gm.com.

Erica Tiffany
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old April 25th, 2014, 1:12 PM
CF Junior Member

for the fun of it, this is what the manual says

There is a special procedure for

checking and changing the

transmission fluid. Because this

procedure is difficult, you should

have this done at your dealer

service department. Contact your

dealer for additional information or

the procedure can be found in the

service manual

so does anyone know the special procedure? (insert sinister music here)

Quick Reply: Impala Transmission's