Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Interior lights and blower motor

Search this Thread

Old August 9th, 2018, 4:03 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior lights and blower motor

I changed the water pump on my dad's 2005 Impala LS 3.8L and now the blower motor and interior lights don't work at all. The radio plays but does not light and no other lights work either. I am terrible at electronics please help!
Old August 9th, 2018, 4:35 AM
CF Monarch

Received 262 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Stumped1
I changed the water pump on my dad's 2005 Impala LS 3.8L and now the blower motor and interior lights don't work at all. The radio plays but does not light and no other lights work either. I am terrible at electronics please help!
I would check every electrical connection under the hood. You may have blown a fuse or three, or it may be something else like wiring not plugged in. Too, these days, vehicles often come with two "fuse boxes". One inside the drivers door usually, and one mounted in the car's engine bay. I'd check all those out first, were I you.

These transverse motor, FWD vehicles are not as simple anymore, like they used to be when RWD vehicles were around. Not many of those coming off the assembly line these days, unless its a pickup or a muscle car, like a Camaro or a Vette'.
Old August 9th, 2018, 5:16 AM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have checked all the fuses and they are good I checked the voltage at the blower motor with the fan switch set on high i'm only getting like 5 volts. My thoughts are maybe a bad ground? Everything worked fine before the water pump change. I'm not sure what the blower and interior lights have in common? Thanks!
Old August 10th, 2018, 6:27 AM
CF Active Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Stumped1
I have checked all the fuses and they are good I checked the voltage at the blower motor with the fan switch set on high i'm only getting like 5 volts. My thoughts are maybe a bad ground? Everything worked fine before the water pump change. I'm not sure what the blower and interior lights have in common? Thanks!
The blower motor & controller have 3 fuses that need checked....
Under the hood >>>> HVAC BLOWER
Left I/P >>>> A/C CRUISE
Right I/P >>>> DIC/RKE (Interior lights too)
If these fuses are OK , then check to see which fuse does not have 12V when the key is in the ON position.