Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

The Juicebox Performance Mod: Snake Oil or A Must Have?

Search this Thread

Old October 14th, 2007, 9:47 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The Juicebox Performance Mod: Snake Oil or A Must Have?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Chevy...mZ260171250565

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this box or any performance chip mod in particular? I've heard both good and bad about these. I'm all for more horse power for a few bucks, but not at the expense of ruining my engine.
Old October 15th, 2007, 4:20 PM
CF Beginner

Default RE: The Juicebox Performance Mod: Snake Oil or A Must Have?

Sounds like a joke/scam. I would be very skeptical ofany of theclaims made.The ad doesn't even say how it works. As any miracle power product, you stand to do serious harm to your drivability for little or no gain plus possibly voiding the warranty. I wouldn't ever consider putting it on my '07 SS if someone paid me!There is really not a lot to gain that hasn't been thought out by Chevrolet engineers already.

Really the only way to improve power is a fully thought out path to the goal...and HP costs money. Sort of like losing weight, there is no real miracle other than a healthy diet, exercise and a long term outlook.

On the cheap, the best you may do is a K & N air filter, but don't expect much. At least it won't screw up your engine!

PS. If you have an 06+ SS, try using premium fuel...believe me it does make a difference.
Old October 19th, 2007, 12:46 PM
CF Beginner

I was just curious. It seems there are a ton of these things on ebay, all claiming they improve HP, mileage, and performance in general. They all seem to have one thing in common though, they hook up to the air flow sensor on the intake. I did see a show where they gave a Ford pickup an extra 50HP by putting one of these things on it. I do not remember if it was this particular brand. Thought it might be fun to play with if you would SAFELY alter your engine settings and see what the out come was.
Old October 19th, 2007, 6:19 PM
CF Beginner

Well I would imagine it would be nothing more than a resistor that would hook up to the MAF sensor and artificiallytell the computer to change the fuel mixture to a more lean variety -- more air, less fuel-- regardless of the ambient air...somewhat modifying the whole combustionprocess.It probably wouldn't hurtanything that much, but I wouldn't expect much of a gain.

The same procedure could probably be done by going to your local electronics store and picking up a25 cent resistor and some electrical tape. If in fact this is all the Juice Box is doing, someone is making a killing selling them for the miracle price of $30...
Old October 29th, 2007, 7:28 AM
Banned

Lean out the mixture too much and you'll overheat the cat and kill it.