Impala While undergoing many facelifts in its history, the Impala has proved itself to both civilians and police forces as one of the most capable 4-door cars GM has ever offered. Currently moving towards its 10th generation the Impala is one of the longest lasting and popular models.

2014 Chevrolet Impala
Includes: Bel-air
Platform: B-body & W-body

Looking for TSB for 2007 Impala

Search this Thread

Old January 17th, 2012, 3:08 PM
CF Beginner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by EinST
? What brought that about? I don't know how you make your living but I doubt you work for free. What makes you think "everyone" shouldn't have expectations to get paid? Besides, a TSB is for service personnel so they don't waste time on unnecessary diagnostics (translate: more chargeable hours). It helps lower the cost of a given repair in the end.

Just to clarify, my expectation is that I purchased a car from GM, and should they feel a need to issue a TSB to their technicians, and let us be honest, they issue TSB's when they have a statistically significant issue that they are confronted with on a given vehicle, then I am of the opinion that 1) the TSB should be shared with the DIY public who bought their vehicle, for free, or, as I am of the stronger opinion, they should agree to fix these issues at cost. BTW, I work as a development engineer in the semiconductor field, making semiconductors that have lifetimes of 25 years for a buck($1), go figure.
Old January 17th, 2012, 6:10 PM
CF Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for your thoughtful response. The automobile manufacturers (note plural) release TSBs to professionals through multiple channels. If enough GM owners ping Yahoo, maybe they will incorporate a "Your TSBs" section into GM Owner Center. That said, the bulletins are written with the assumption that the reader understands the lingo and, most importantly, has access to special tools, equipment, and SI database. That might or might not be a problem for a serious DIYer but then he should probably consider an online subscription to ALLDATAdiy or Mitchell 1 DIY for TSBs and repair information.